I'm Literally In Tears!! Please Help Me!!

paypal will take money from you whether it is in your paypal account or not. They will just leave you negative and give you 30days to pay the money, then you get a bad credit rating if you cant pay. sad but true :sad:

They dont just pay it off for you, that would be ridiculous, imagine the amount of ppl that would get away with scams if that was their policy. I no longer use paypal at all, it is dangerous and there are too many ppl out there willing to take money off of innocent people. Cheques all the way!!!!!

That is exactly why I abhor using paypal, even if I am a buyer...:cursing: I might consider other avenues, but after having my best friend get caught up in identity theft with paypal (as well as myself but not with paypal), forget it. I could really care less if I don't get quick sales because I don't use paypal; I'd rather be safe than sorry.

OP, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. The buyer sounds like a total nutjob, and the fact that she's resorting to MyPoupette (don't even get me started with THEM) makes me question her credibility. All the best! :heart:

That is exactly why I abhor using paypal, even if I am a buyer...:cursing: I might consider other avenues, but after having my best friend get caught up in identity theft with paypal (as well as myself but not with paypal), forget it. I could really care less if I don't get quick sales because I don't use paypal; I'd rather be safe than sorry.

OP, I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. The buyer sounds like a total nutjob, and the fact that she's resorting to MyPoupette (don't even get me started with THEM) makes me question her credibility. All the best! :heart:

Waaaaaaait?!! What about MyPoupette?!!! They are my last resort...please tell meeeeeeee!!!

Are you sure that's what happened? Doesn't sound right to me.
To my knowledge Paypal doesn't reimburse the buyer money out of their own pockets...they'll chase the seller down for it.
I bought something quite awhile ago on eBay and the seller never shipped the item. She moved all the money out of her account.
I filed a dispute, won it, and got MOST of my money back; the amount that was covered by the protection policy (just $200).

Later I found out this seller was a member here and contacted her right away and asked her to refund me my money...Paypal refunded me some of it, but I was still short $100 or so. She said she's already sent Paypal the money to refund me, and even sent me the money order receipt she sent to Paypal. Upon contacting Paypal, they confirmed that they received her payment, but still couldn't reimburse me the other excess amount because my purchase was only covered for $200.

So...I don't know if that story's true... don't you think a lot of people can get away with things, then?

The story is definitely true, b/c my fiance and my friend were selling the PS 3 together using his paypal/ebay account. That's why I know all the details. I can't be sure what happened on the buyer's side but on the seller's side paypal never got a dime back

paypal will take money from you whether it is in your paypal account or not. They will just leave you negative and give you 30days to pay the money, then you get a bad credit rating if you cant pay. sad but true :sad:

They can't affect your credit report - you don't need to give paypal your social security # when you open the account. They need that to affect your credit report.

OMG!!! I am so sorry. I hope you get every penny that is due to you!!! Good Luck... I know it is hard but try to stay positive. I am sure it will all work out for you in the end.

Oh wow I just read through this entire thread. Sorry to hear it's not resolved yet. I agree that it sounds like she had a fake before and wanted to switch it for a real one. Why would someone admit to owning the same bag just to buy it again? Seems weird to me. BTW the fact that she is being so hostile to you is because she KNOWS she's in the wrong somehow.

Oh wow I just read through this entire thread. Sorry to hear it's not resolved yet. I agree that it sounds like she had a fake before and wanted to switch it for a real one. Why would someone admit to owning the same bag just to buy it again? Seems weird to me. BTW the fact that she is being so hostile to you is because she KNOWS she's in the wrong somehow.

I'm just afraid that she might have so much pride to admit she's wrong (even when it's authenticated) that she'll go on with the dispute. She told me she is authenticating with My poupette. I'm doing my own authentication with CarolDiva thanks to a fellow PFer.

I'm TOTALLY against PayPall!!!! It's a big scam imo; we don't need it!!!!!! and they almost push PayPal in your face trough your computer screen, you see it everywhere blablabla. I think it will be gone in a couple of years with this reputation.

Sorry to hear for your experience. I had the same thing when I tried to sell an alma mono, it was clearly used and authentic with the patina blablabla and someone took it off eBay. After a heavy discussion eBay gave me the green light. I guess ebay sometimes is the perfect place for frustrated scammers!

I'm just afraid that she might have so much pride to admit she's wrong (even when it's authenticated) that she'll go on with the dispute. She told me she is authenticating with My poupette. I'm doing my own authentication with CarolDiva thanks to a fellow PFer.

Make sure you don't just take her word on what Mypoupette says, if she tries to claim they said it wasn't authentic. Email Mypoupette yourself and make sure they got the bag and/or photos. If you ask Mypoupette contact ebay and paypal, it will hold some weight when ebay makes its decision.

Just read through this thread and the buyer comes across as hostile/aggressive, irrational and immature. Very poor impulse control, definitely not at an adult level. I imagine PayPal will take that into account in dealing with it ... I mean, the overwhelming impression I'm getting here is of someone with a psychological disorder. Might just be raging PMS ... could even be a personality disorder. Not normal behaviour, anyway. Try to stand back from it and don't let it get to you. You're clearly being targeted by someone with very high levels of aggression and immaturity.

Good luck dealing with it! :flowers:

OH BELIEVE YOU ME...this is the last time I will ever use eBay to sell my LV...This only makes me cherish my bags even more!!
I've heard several other people say recently that they will no longer sell on eBay. It's a really sad situation that the scammers and nutcases are driving honest sellers away.:sad: