I'm in luck! DH likes the carly!

^^ i so know what you mean....i had my closet open and he started counting bags, asking about boxes, etc.
i smiled like any good wife would and shut the closet!

I can relate to that!!!!! My husband doesn't give me any grief...only when he wants to buy something and I raise an eyebrow....I pay for my handbags anyway...so at least there's never an argument over that LOL!! :heart: Emmy

LOL....So this is what I have to look forward with married life huh? I thought once I left my Mom I would be done lying about my bags

I figure there are ways to insure that you don't have to lie to future hubby about bag purchases:
1) if you are a career woman, you can buy your own. What can he say then?
2) find a man who believes that you are a princess and should own whatever your little heart desires (my personal favorite!)
3) pick a man who has an expensive hobby. He can't complain about your habits when he has his own!

My dh is never angry with me when I purchase things but I used to hide things from him because I hate feeling like he's disappointed in me! But he's liking Coach now and as long as the bills are paid he's OK with me having a "few" bags!

^^ number 2 is what goes on here. He thinks i must have whatever i want....although for some reason that makes me feel bad.

99% of the time dh is with me and helps pick out my bags....this is weird, but he makes me feel like i have to buy it.
good or bad , i dunno.
maybe i just got lucky and found a good one ?

1) if you are a career woman, you can buy your own. What can he say then?
2) find a man who believes that you are a princess and should own whatever your little heart desires (my personal favorite!)
3) pick a man who has an expensive hobby. He can't complain about your habits when he has his own!

4)
Buy your husband something crazy expensive...and keep reminding him of it for years to come.

Example.
He says "Is that another new bag?"
I say "Honey - remember that Harley-Davidson down in the garage I so graciously bought for you, with my cash, because you didn't want to finance one? "

:yes:
after buying him that bike...dh NEVER questions how I spend my money.

4)
Buy your husband something crazy expensive...and keep reminding him of it for years to come.

Example.
He says "Is that another new bag?"
I say "Honey - remember that Harley-Davidson down in the garage I so graciously bought for you, with my cash, because you didn't want to finance one? "

:yes:
after buying him that bike...dh NEVER questions how I spend my money.

I pulled that on my dh - we were watching the LCD TV he had to have when he was asking, "another bag?" Though I will give dh credit, he really doesn't give me too much grief. Actually, he called me once from work to ask how many I had. Suspicious, I asked why and he said he and the guys at work were talking about their wives and the shoe/bag obsessions each of them have. Thankfully, one of the guy's wives has a serious purse and shoe collection (like a closet full of each, boxed and labeled for access and she rotates them all the time). I took that opportunity to demonstrate to dh that my collection was nothing, really . . . and why I need more bags :shame: . He didn't go for the last part so much . . .

But in my defense, I am a working woman and I keep our books, so I'd never do anything to jeopardize our finances (and dh does know that).