I'm getting induced next Friday!

1. Hi everyone,

I'm getting induced to give birth on August 30! I'm a little nervous, but very excited. If my 24 hour urine test has too much protein in it, then maybe even sooner.

The reason why I'm getting an induction is because of my fluctuating bp, my doctor doesn't want to wait any longer. I'm already 1 cm dilated, so hopefully my cervix is favorable during the time of labor.

I'll update this as much as I can, since I'm still on bedrest. My doc really believes I have the most "profound case of hospital anxiety", and he let me leave on Saturday!!!!

So a question to the been there done that mommies, what was your experience on being induced (if you were)?

2. All the best of luck to you! Take care of you...the best is yet to come!!!
  3. I was induced with my first two. I had Pitocin with my first. Things went pretty well. I didn't feel a thing until my water broke, despite the contractions showing on the monitor.

I hope things go well for you! Congratulations on your upcoming arrival. Do you know whether you are having a boy or a girl?
  4. I was induced and had a very smooth labor. I was in labor about 12 and 1/2 hours. At first I tried to do the natural birth but the pain became too much and gave up after about 7 hours and had a epidural.

Good luck!!
  5. Good luck JCJ! I wonder if you'll have your baby before me?

I wasn't induced with my first but I did have to get some petocin. That stuff is strong. Hang in there, you'll do great!!!
  6. I was induced and it wasn't bad at all until...they broke the sac. :wacko::sos:After that, I needed an epidural badly. Afterwards, I was in heaven...lying back enjoying every moment of my delivery.:wlae:lol.
    :idea: My advice: Have your DH order a nice takeout meal for you since your are on bedrest. Take the time to enjoy the time spent with your DH, enjoy every bite of your meal, and every second of that evening. It will be a very long time before you will get to have a nice date with your DH again.

Congrats and have a safe delivery!:heart:
  7. Wishing you & your family all the best!!!

Take the few days that you have now to relax and rest up, you'll need it, lol. Don't know anything about induction, so I can't help you there.

We'll all be thinking about you! Be sure to check back in as soon as you can and let us know how it all went.

Wishing you a quick, uncomplicated, not-too-painful labor, and a healthy baby! :smile:
  8. That's so exciting! Definitely take some time to relax . . . and make sure you bring your own pillows! The hospital ones are horrible! I was induced (was 5 days overdue w/dd) and had Pitocin. They had to break my water which I think was the most uncomfortable part of the delivery. I did not try to be a hero - the first real strong contraction I had, I went for the epidural and plan to do it again!

Good luck and congrats in advance!
  9. I was induced with my first and only child...no big deal for me! I guess every person have diff. pain tolerance levels...You'll be fine! Congrats!!!
  10. Good Luck Jen!!

I was induced with my last one, and it was really easy. You'll be just fine! I got pitocin and it worked like a charm!! (I do however highly recommend the epidural!) Especially if you are not into pain!

Keep us updated hun!
  11. Good luck!
  12. Rest up!! I don't know about labor, but how exciting!!!!
  13. Thank you so much! I'm expecting a boy! :yes:

My doctor was also explaining to me how the night before they will insert a suppository to soften up the cervix, and then the next day they will administer the Pitocin. I'm definitely leaning towards the epidural to keep the pain minimal and my bp down.
  14. Thank you!! I'm definitely not going to play hero either.. I'm a big sissy when it comes to pain. haha. I was reading about artificially breaking the water by using a hook-like instrument.. sounds a bit nerve-racking.
  15. Thanks so much Melanie! I'll definitely update you all. :biggrin::tup: