I'm devastated!!my love one is gone!

1. Hi all,

I'm just really sad right now. Last night I noticed my cat of 12 years was not acting himself. When I checked on him closely, I noticed that he couldn't move his legs and he was tilting his head and was shaking. He finally tried to get up but really couldn't use his legs. So this morning I took him to the vet, and the vet checked him and said that he had a stroke (an embolism had blocked circulation to his legs and now it's moving to his head). The vet said there was nothing we could do as he has no more pulse in his legs. I was in tears. I didn't want to see my cat in pain but didn't want to lose him either. So in the end I had to make a very difficult decision to put him to sleep. I'm really grieving right now. I hope I made the right decision. Maybe I should have gotten a second opinion. I've attached a picture of him. I miss him so much. He's such a sweet cat.

Picture 043.jpg
  2. Oh my gosh, I am so so sorry for your loss. I am at a loss of what to say except hang in there.

3. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost 4 cats in the past couple of years and it's tough because they really do become part of the family. Just remember that he's in a better place now and isn't suffering. Hang in there Sweetie :flowers:

4. I am so sorry for your loss, I know your pain and will be thinking about you. It's amazing how little bundles of fur can really capture our hearts..

5. Oh honey I'm so sorry for the loss of your furry baby!:sad: God bless and may he rest in peace :heart:. Hugs to you!

6. I'm very sorry to hear about your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

7. I'm so sorry. You absolutely did the right thing, no question about that. I had to make that decision for my dog and May I know how hard it is. Don't second guess yourself. It is hard anough without feeling guilty too. You did the right thing.

8. How awful- I'm really sorry- don't second guess yourself. You did what you had to do and didn't want to see him suffering. I hope you feel better soon. It is so hard to loose a furry family member.

9. Your poor kitty, it is the hardest decision to make but you let your sweet baby go with dignity and that is the best gift we can give to our darlings.

10. So sorry for your loss. :crybaby: You did the right thing.

11. Letting him go was a selfless thing to do, and better than him suffering. You'll see him again someday. Let yourself grieve, it's ok. Pets are family too!

12. My deepest sympathy or your loss, bhurry... Saddle thrombus is a really tough disease when kitties get it... I know it is hard to not think of 'what if's, but I always believe that those who have a special bond with cats will make the best and right decision for the cat...whatever that is... In the moment you had to make that decision for him, I believe he was guiding you and letting you know. He will always be living in your heart.

13. So sorry for your loss. Had to put my beloved dog to sleep on 6/21 and it was truly devastating. Time and a new puppy really helped. I still think about her all the time though.

14. I'm so sorry. Losing our pets is one of the hardest things ever. Please don't feel guilty about anything--you did the right thing. We have to make those hard decisions when their quality of life is poor. Your beautiful kitty is no longer suffering and is thanking you for your selfless gift.

15. bhurry, I have tears in my eyes reading your post. :crybaby: Big hugs to you! The same exact thing happened to my beloved furbaby a fews weeks ago. She went to go jump off my bed and at first I thought she hit her head but it turned out she had a stroke. She couldn't walk or lift her head. It was THE hardest decision I ever had to make to let her not suffer anymore and go with dignity. I knew in my heart when I left her at the vet, it was going to be my last time seeing her. :sad: But you know what, it was the right thing to do.