I'm a late bloomer

1. I was digging old threat and I started to fall in love with the Bal Harbour collection :rolleyes:. I need a cosmetic case that I can conveniently put in my handbag. Do you think the cosmetic case from the Bal Harbour line is worth it? It's really cute and I really like the eggshell color. Or should I just grab something cheaper from Sephora?

It also makes me think if I want to get the Bal Harbour satchel in eggshell. I know some people think it isn't a very practical handbag but it's so beautiful! It's weird when this line came up, I didn't care about it at all :p.

And oh, what do you think of the Ingrid? It looks so classic!

80782_1.jpg p11265733_ph_hero.jpg 0010.JPG
  2. I think the Bal Harbour satchel in eggshell is gorgeous!! :drool: As for the makeup case, I would just get one from Sephora and put the money saved toward the bag.

3. The Bal Harbour line, eggshell in particular, is TDF!! However, I find that my make up cases always get really dirty fairly quickly. IMO, eggshell is too gorgeous for icky make up stains!!

4. Yup totally agree... get a Sephora make up case or similar, and put that extra money toward the bag.

I really like the Bal Harbour when it first came out, but now I think I've fallen out of love with it. It just didn't seem like a practical bag to me with the heavy chain. If I ever buy it, it will end up being a trophy bag for me, sitting on my shelf for me to adore.

5. As beautiful as that little chic makeup bag is, I think it would be best (for your sanity and wallet) to just get a Sephora makeup bag. My makeup bags always seem to get pretty beat up and like everyone else said...put that money towards a bag you want. ;)

(I bought a fabric Coach makeup bag a couple of years ago at the outlet...it cost about $25, has held up SO well, and I love it)

6. Aw, thanks for the input everyone! I think it makes sense not to spend my money for the cosmetic case cause it will be impossible to keep it clean!

thithi, that's what I'm afraid of too! I would be spending a lot of money on this bag and I won't even use it cause it's so impractical. Maybe I should think this over, hehe...

Btw, where can I find this bag besides eBay? And any opinion of the Ingrid?

7. I was thinking the same thing!!:p I'm wondering if I should just get Chanel instead. Every girl has to have one!

8. I personally love the Bal Harbour collection - I've seen it so many times, but it's not practical for me on a daily basis. You should definitely get it! Let us know what you decide to do!

9. Do you know if the MJ dustbag is washable? I have extra dustbag for the ZC and decided to use it as my cosmetic purse. I know it doesn't have a zipper or something like that, but I think I'm okay with it. What do you think? I went to Sephora on Powell to see a cosmetic case but they just have a big one.

10. I hand washed one of mine a couple of days ago and it's fine, very soft and fluffy not sure if you could machine wash it, may just fall to bits.

11. I fell head over heels in love with the Bal Harbour when I saw it at Saks. Then, I put it on my shoulder, and just could not understand why MJ didn't put a pad on the chains like he did for some other bags. This is a bag I would want to use daily, but having it cut into my shoudlers is unacceptable.

Shopbop had one in a teal color that was gorgeous, which is why I didn't buy it at Saks. I couldn't decide on a color, and then got lured away by another MJ bag.

12. I agree with what's been said. I think the makeup case is pretty but kind of impractical b/c by nature makeup gets messy and it might dirty up that pretty little case!

13. i just got a really cute makeup case from bloomingdales