Home & Garden IKEA lovers thread!

i want pink furniture!!! :nuts:

those frames are an awesome deal! i can never find good stuff in the last call room when i go :sad: although to be honest by the time i get there, i have a cart of stuff and it's hard to move around in that room with a cart while other people are doing the same. at least at the locations i've been to.

my aunt and uncle scored some chairs in there for like $25 each one time.

i want pink furniture!!! :nuts:

those frames are an awesome deal! i can never find good stuff in the last call room when i go :sad: although to be honest by the time i get there, i have a cart of stuff and it's hard to move around in that room with a cart while other people are doing the same. at least at the locations i've been to.

my aunt and uncle scored some chairs in there for like $25 each one time.

Thank you. The same day I got tons of candles for 0,50€ as well. I saw the folk there removing them from the shelves and I immediately thought that they were going to put them in the last call section... and I was right LOL!

I think that the last call section stock it really depends on the day/time you go there. IMO there are very few chances of finding something good on Saturdays/Sundays - usually items are very picked over by the time I go there. Also, if they're having end-of-line sales items sell very fast (here they usually put them near the last call section).

one thing i WILL be getting next time i'm at ikea is this bowl. now that it's only $20. it used to be $30 and i just couldn't get myself to spend that much for a decorative bowl. i've wanted it for years!

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/90110061/
wpgsj.jpg

This is the slipcover:
normalikeacatalogue2009.jpg

Now........ I need to find the chaise lounge (on sale)!:cool::P

I did these the same day:

Ribba frames - 0.50€ each (end-of-line sale). Still in their package :shame: but I'm planning on using them in my bedroom.

immagineion.jpg

(sorry for the awful pic ... I still haven't figured how to use DH's new camera out)

About the above photo -- can anyone identify the desk thingie and the window benches in that photo? I am not finding them in my current catalog. Thanks!

I went to my local IKEA today. In the last call section I've found the pink Fabrina bedspread I wanted for 50% off. It was a display item but I've already machine washed it and it's perfect.

fabrinacopriletto011399.jpg

(photo: Ikea website)

I also bought a couple of guest towels for 0,30€ each. I didn't find the fabric I wanted but the lady there told me they were going to re-stock it this week.... so... :graucho:

DH and I finally unpacked and put together the glass (coffee/tv bench) table we bought a few months ago for 10 euros. It's huge and I still don't know where to place it. Name is LÖTTORP. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

About the above photo -- can anyone identify the desk thingie and the window benches in that photo? I am not finding them in my current catalog. Thanks!

not sure about the window benches but i have the desk. basicaly you buy the 'legs' which come in all sorts of combos (shelves... drawers... actual legs...) and then you buy the desk 'top'. so there isn't one specific item you buy, you can choose all sorts of combinations :biggrin:

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/workspaces/10712/

I am their fan in their "design" wise, thus love a few items from them...
But not too much of a fan as to where they are made.

sheepskinS.jpg

Like these sheepskins... I love them and they are less expensive than anywhere else I've seen.

FireP2.jpg

And these Nandor chairs, I just love that open weave that gives a contemporary flair and does not hide that fireplace.... giving the dining room an airy feel. They are exceptionally comfortable & well-made too (I am pleasantly surprised).
I LOVE YOUR CAT - HE'S SO BEAUTIFUL!! Jill

awesome!! i was just going to come and post to see if anyone has found any goodies lately - it's fun to see what other people can find since i can't go lol

what are you going to do with it?

awesome!! i was just going to come and post to see if anyone has found any goodies lately - it's fun to see what other people can find since i can't go lol

what are you going to do with it?

I'm going to re-upholster a couple of old office chairs DH got for free... sort of makeover project. This fabric is just perfect for it. We almost finished painting the first chair...... can't wait to see how they turn out!

I have the Hemnes bookcase with glass doors for my shoe collection, and we are going to get the Hemnes bed frame soon (our closest Ikea is about 1.5 hours away).

Here's a photo of my "shoecase." I bought these amazing glass with gold decoration at a local store. The pink piggy on top says: Feed the Shoe Fund. :smile:

Attachments

• Picture 578.jpg
    Picture 578.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 1,725