Home & Garden IKEA lovers thread!

I think everything looks better in IKEA than it does at home! :lol: Of course everything is professionally laid out and is put together perfectly. Definitely there are some things that are more solid or durable than others. The dresser we bought is good, but the kitchen cabinets are the best quality of everything we purchased. I'm going out on a limb and say that IKEA furniture is not Heirloom quality or something that will be passed down from generation to generation :P

Its good for filler furniture, display items, or when you don't want to (or can't) spend $$$ on decor. I like mixing up my furniture, but honestly I'm not really into decorating and keep things simple. I'm much more interested in building, renovating, and interior design.

Heck no!... Although my daughter is still using the same dresser that was in her nursery and its from Ikea, she's 7 now. Some pieces definitely last longer than others. I knew this dresser was a good one because I had purchased the same one for my older daughter when she was about 6 and she too still has hers and she is now 16!

:roflmfao: Ahahahah pardon my typo. I meant it's so much better....

hahahaha! i totally caught that it was a typo but i was up so much earlier today than normal that i didn't get how hilarious it was until just now lol

and i know people get up super early for work every day but i'm used to get up around 7 for work and today was 5 am :shocked:

Definitely there are some things that are more solid or durable than others.
my bed is a freaking beast!!! i painted my bedroom a few months ago and i've normally not had any issue moving my previous beds before but i actually pulled something in my shoulder trying to move my ikea bed and i was scared i wouldn't get it back in place lol

I totally know what you mean! The 8 drawer dresser we bought my SO is huge and heavy, ugh, I dread the day we have to move it which will be next Spring when we move!

my bed is a freaking beast!!! i painted my bedroom a few months ago and i've normally not had any issue moving my previous beds before but i actually pulled something in my shoulder trying to move my ikea bed and i was scared i wouldn't get it back in place lol

I think everything looks better in IKEA than it does at home! :lol: Of course everything is professionally laid out and is put together perfectly. Definitely there are some things that are more solid or durable than others. The dresser we bought is good, but the kitchen cabinets are the best quality of everything we purchased. I'm going out on a limb and say that IKEA furniture is not Heirloom quality or something that will be passed down from generation to generation :P

Its good for filler furniture, display items, or when you don't want to (or can't) spend $$$ on decor. I like mixing up my furniture, but honestly I'm not really into decorating and keep things simple. I'm much more interested in building, renovating, and interior design.

:lol:

I totally know what you mean! The 8 drawer dresser we bought my SO is huge and heavy, ugh, I dread the day we have to move it which will be next Spring when we move!

^The Hemnes dresser I have is so heavy as well..... DH regretted the purchase the moment he had to lift the package from the cart to put it in the trunk. LOL

i have the hemnes bed in white
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89849787/

for a moment i thought i had went and picked it up by myself but i thought "there's no way in hell i did that..." and i was right. that trip i was with a friend and we got back to my house at like 11 pm and had to get it into my house so she coudl go home lol

i was thinking of my bookshelf that i loaded onto the cart and into my truck all by myself. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675/

that one came in two large boxes and i thought to myself as i was staring at the boxes on the shelf "oh dear......" but it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it would be lol

^Good job! I love Ikea, we have the Ektorp sofa and the Ektorp Jenny Lund chair. Probably the most affordable slip covered furniture you can buy. I'm disappointed that they discontinued the dark denim slip cover, it's my favorite and we were wanting to get a sectional in it.

Heck no!... Although my daughter is still using the same dresser that was in her nursery and its from Ikea, she's 7 now. Some pieces definitely last longer than others. I knew this dresser was a good one because I had purchased the same one for my older daughter when she was about 6 and she too still has hers and she is now 16!

Which dresser is that ?! I got the ANEBODA chest of drawers (http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/70158025/) and it was absolute crap :tdown:. I use it to hold baby clothes and it didn't last for more than 6 months. DH is forever duct-taping the bottom which kept giving way.

I have an Ikea Akurum kitchen!! It's the Adel cabinet fronts in medium brown. I love that they didn't cost too much and that there's a 25 year warranty. Plus, I can always easily replace or interchange the cabinets if I need to or get bored with the current configuration. I can get new shelves easily if I need to replace or add some. I took advantage of the 20% off sale with the purchase of three appliances.

I had the cabinets professionally installed, but my neighbor did it himself in three days. They look easy enough to put together, I just don't have the time or the strength to do it myself.

Other items from Ikea that I own are the Manstad sofabed for the guest room. The lounge is interchangeable and it's comfortable to sleep on. I have the Helmer organizer for my nailpolish.... It holds up to 500 bottles. I have two and they look clean and neat, and I don't have all my bottles all over the place and exposed.

Which dresser is that ?! I got the ANEBODA chest of drawers (http://www.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/70158025/) and it was absolute crap :tdown:. I use it to hold baby clothes and it didn't last for more than 6 months. DH is forever duct-taping the bottom which kept giving way.

I don't remember its name, and don't see it on the site. Its a basic white dresser and its cost was about $70 last purchased in 2004.

I do see on the site the ASPELUND chest of drawers which I purchased about a year and a half ago and that fell apart after a few months!

i have the hemnes bed in white
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/S89849787/

for a moment i thought i had went and picked it up by myself but i thought "there's no way in hell i did that..." and i was right. that trip i was with a friend and we got back to my house at like 11 pm and had to get it into my house so she coudl go home lol

i was thinking of my bookshelf that i loaded onto the cart and into my truck all by myself. http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40047675/

that one came in two large boxes and i thought to myself as i was staring at the boxes on the shelf "oh dear......" but it actually wasn't as bad as i thought it would be lol

I love the Hemnes bed!

I love their last call/end of line section - can't believe the bargains they have there. One of our best finds a huge glass end table w/metal legs for 10 euro - new in package (and it's still in its package in my garage! :shame:smile:. Also, I always find slipcovers for 1 euro! I use the fabric to make pillow covers, etc. For example last month I've bought an Ektorp chaise-lounge pink slipcover (now discontinued) for 1 euro. It's too nice to rip it apart though.

This is the slipcover:
normalikeacatalogue2009.jpg

Now........ I need to find the chaise lounge (on sale)!:cool::P

I did these the same day:

Ribba frames - 0.50€ each (end-of-line sale). Still in their package :shame: but I'm planning on using them in my bedroom.

immagineion.jpg

(sorry for the awful pic ... I still haven't figured how to use DH's new camera out)