Ignorant, heartless people.....

^^ That's what I mean. Those animals stay on their farm and they stay with their parents.

The farmer can decide who can come and see the animal and when is a good time.

The animals on farms are seen as novelties and the animals in travelling shows are seen as freaks.

That is horrendous!! I hate how we humans only care about the dollar and would put such unfortunate animals through so much and not think twice about it. There should be a law against such fares!

It's ironic how I was reading this thread last night, and then came across these stories this morning. At least they have a "happy" tone... i.e. the animals are being raised normally...

Calf born with 6 legs: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070505/ap_on_fe_st/odd_six_legged_calf_4

Calf born with 2 noses: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070512/ap_on_fe_st/odd_bonus_nose;_ylt=AvkNFajtE.GgyL7_d.UWDMLtiBIF

(Yay for Wisconsin farmers! :P)

I saw this on the news too, however they mentioned that the calf with 6 legs was being sold to a Texas carnival. :sad:
The calf with 2 noses was going to be kept as a family pet.

....The animals on farms are seen as novelties and the animals in travelling shows are seen as freaks.

People need to be educated about animals in general. Unfortunately you can educate but you cannot teach compassion. You would not believe the number of people who come to the zoo with the same kind of mentality - they believe the animals are there for their personal entertainment and instead of just observing them and learning about them and the plight of their cousins in the wild, they choose to yell out at them and throw coins, batteries, food, trash at them to get some kind of reaction. Its pathetic. Unless peoples perception and respect for wildlife changes, these kinds of shows will be around.:sad:

OMG I just found this thread, how disgusting! & exactly who would pay for this gross activity? The cruelty to animals is obscene. I remember being at a fete where goldfish were given as prizes at some silly stall, they were later found walked into the grass, dozens of them. It was sick! There should be a law against this form of exploitation.
Agrees with bagnshoo education is needed.
Hope you have success Purple, good luck!

That is sick! How can those people do that to them... :crybaby: It's such an awful thing to do... gosh... If only they can picture themselves born with deformity and have people laugh at them, probably they will then know how sad it is. If you know which town they are heading next, try to call animal rescue or humane society.