If you're still on the fence about the new GHD iron...

The rounded barrel is a godsend to do curls. It makes it very easy and smooth when you pull the iron, no more bits of hair stuck and everything. Not to mention that GHD's ceramic plates are also so smooth and very good.

The bigger one I think it's slightly less than 2", and it's meant for salons and if you have long, thick hair. I have long, thick hair as well, but the 1" is sufficient for me. Just make sure you do sections, it really makes a difference imo. I only have to iron twice per section for really straight hair.

I really love the pink one! It's very cute with a pink cable as well. It's a pity I already got the black one, otherwise I'll get the pink one.

Well I don't have a before picture but here is an after. My hair isn't really curly, it is fine & straight but if I don't use an iron it just lays weird. I had been using a Conair and didn't want to spend the money on a Chi. I knew they worked better but I'm kind of a tightwad at times :smile: I saw the threads on here about the GHD and thought I would get one. I was able to get the MK4 at cost so I splurged. I love it. It does the job in one swipe and looks and feels nice. I also did the hair of my co-worker. I wish I had taken pictures of hers. She has thick wavey hair and it looked so nice and sleek. I'm trying to convince her to get one as well.

Attachments

• hair2.jpg
    hair2.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 113
^^^
Yay, another GHD convert!

I'm going to try straight on mine tomorrow. Been wearing curls for the last few days. Oh, I went to dinner with a few girlfriends tonight, and they commented on how good my hair looked! All thought I've been to the salon for the curls. They couldn't believe that I did it myself, seriously! When I told them about GHD and the price all said it's worth the dollar.

I just also recently purchased a GHD after reading all these rants about them. I had a chi before and a digi pro before that. I would say i noticed a difference going from a chi to the GHD. The GHD made my hair feel much healthier and softer but i dont understand how many of you girls can cut the straightening time in half, any advice? I was very happy with my digi pro but i havent heard of anyone else having one. Unfortunately it just died on me out of no where. I would say the GHD is very similar to my digi pro.

Just got my GHD today and started trying the curls on my semi wavy thick but fine strands hair....

and what a mess! LOL! its harder than i thought it was!
the DVD made it look so simple...
i think I might actually murder my hair practising! LOL!

But I like that it doesn't seem to really burn my hair....
doesn't smell like its burnt :nuts:
never used any heat or iron thing on my hair since I burnt it really bad on a revlon straightening iron:Push:

hope its worth its price and get good results on my curls soon...
(before my hair falls off! LOL!)
cant seem to make the curls look right!
some looks nice and some looks half done
like curled on the top and straight on the ends...
so the finish look looks weird and messy and pooffy!:confused1:

Just got my GHD today and started trying the curls on my semi wavy thick but fine strands hair....

never used any heat or iron thing on my hair since I burnt it really bad on a revlon straightening iron:Push:

if you're not used to a straightening iron at all, you'll probably have to practice. don't worry, the ghd won't burn your hair off. just use slow, even, smooth strokes and you'll get the hang of it.

Thanks Amanda I do like it...
its the first device I used that didn't leave my hair smelling burnt:P
I'll try again on Saturday... will rest my poor hair tomorrow LOL!

i just tried curling my hair w/ my ghd and i had the same results as you! a lot of my curls were half done. the end result was really... um... strange looking. i wouldn't go out looking like that. i tried it over and over but couldn't get it quite right. i'm afraid to ruin my hair with the constant practice also. oh well... i'll probably try again this week. hah.