If you're still on the fence about the new GHD iron...

I used my GHD iron today and give it a big :tup:

Here's my before and after:

Before:
DSC07269.jpg

After:
DSC07273.jpg

Sorry I'm make-up free and look all :throwup:

your results will be even better if you blow your hair out first :smile:

your results will be even better if you blow your hair out first :smile:

Amanda is, as always, right! :P Not even like straight blown out either, I don't blow it out, like they do at the salon. Just, when I am blowing my hair dry, I'm just running my round brush through my hair. My hair is still pretty poofy, but it makes a huge difference in the silky texture of my hair.

Wow, great pics stacmck & nvied!!

I bought mine! YAY! Damn, it is expensive... $319 (Aussie dollars). I hope it's all worth it!

Wow! Where did you buy this from???! And which model? You can definitely get it cheaper since the MK4 only retails for AUD$299! For that price you can also get the christmas pack when includes some treatment cream and a towel. If you don't need that stuff then buy from catwalk.com.au for $249. There's some good sellers on ebay aus too.

tell me about it, with my other flat irons I had to use product and it was always fried... with he GHD I used a little heat protectant and no product and only did one pass... if I do more it gets str8er but I was tired so I'll play with it tomorrow...

The results you were able to achieve are amazing! Congrats! Are you finding that straightness last?

Wow! Where did you buy this from???! And which model? You can definitely get it cheaper since the MK4 only retails for AUD$299! For that price you can also get the christmas pack when includes some treatment cream and a towel. If you don't need that stuff then buy from catwalk.com.au for $249. There's some good sellers on ebay aus too.

My mom bought it for me from Petra (Melbourne city). GHD is not available in Indonesia where I am. I did find a website here that claims to sell them, but I think they're fraud coz I tried calling their phone numbers and none were connected. So, I asked my mom to buy one for me since she's currently in Melbourne.

My GHD hasn't arrived yet. It will be on Sunday. So, I dunno which one she got. I just told her to get the newest one. Hopefully the one she got is the Christmas package. I do remember the retail was 299, I was there last September but I didn't buy one.

I can't wait for mine to arrive!!! I will def try it out as soon as it gets here and will post pics for you guys! :idea:

My mom bought it for me from Petra (Melbourne city). GHD is not available in Indonesia where I am. I did find a website here that claims to sell them, but I think they're fraud coz I tried calling their phone numbers and none were connected. So, I asked my mom to buy one for me since she's currently in Melbourne.

My GHD hasn't arrived yet. It will be on Sunday. So, I dunno which one she got. I just told her to get the newest one. Hopefully the one she got is the Christmas package. I do remember the retail was 299, I was there last September but I didn't buy one.

I can't wait for mine to arrive!!! I will def try it out as soon as it gets here and will post pics for you guys! :idea:

For $319, maybe she got you the pink limited edition?

Oh, I saw that indo website claiming to be an authorised seller for bulk lots. Was skeptical too!

Someone posted on here a while about about how the GHD turned their stick straight hair into beautiful curls and since then I've been wanting one. I straighten my hair normally, but would like to have the option to give myself some loose curls (I cannot use a curling iron lol). And now seeing how the condition of your hair actually gets better, i am officially pining for one! My mom thinks I am crazy and will never understand, but maybe I can convince the boyfriend ;)

For $319, maybe she got you the pink limited edition?

Oh, I saw that indo website claiming to be an authorised seller for bulk lots. Was skeptical too!

The website that I was talking about doesn't sell in bulk, BUT they claimed to be GHD's authorized online reseller, which I knew straightaway is a lot of b*ll. They put their address that turns out to be a big mall here. Called them up (the mall), nothing listed under their name/phone number.

There are other websites that sell in bulk for as lil as 40 USD each. I dunno where they got the stuff from. That's why I'm skeptical to buy from eBay if I dunno which seller to trust. These stuff could be imitation GHD. I know it's damn easy for the fakers to imitate them.

My GHD is arriving tomorrow morning, I can't wait!!! :yahoo:

Does anybody know how hot the ghd can get??? I have a Sedu flat iron, but it's years old now and i'm due for a new flat iron. My Sedu goes up to 410 degrees, and I have really thick curly hair, so I'm just wondering how hot the ghd can get before i buy it. = )

Does anybody know how hot the ghd can get??? I have a Sedu flat iron, but it's years old now and i'm due for a new flat iron. My Sedu goes up to 410 degrees, and I have really thick curly hair, so I'm just wondering how hot the ghd can get before i buy it. = )

The manual says it self adjusts between 370-380 degrees. I have a Solia which gets hotter and
is good at straigtening but the GHD does even a better job.

my goodness!! i believe! i believe!!

I have been borrowing my mothers flat iron that she for like $30 and trust me, its worth that amount of money cause its SUCKS! the thing is my hair is wavy/slightly curly but it straightens with the iron. However, that iron has friend my ends and even when i put something on it, it still looks dry.

I will definitely try the GHD. thanks for the photos!!

I can't wait to try my GHD. I didn't get it on Sunday! Ugh! My aunt who was supposed to bring it didn't do it coz she has too many stuff in her suitcase it is overweight! I gotta wait till Saturday for my mom's friend to bring it from Melbourne.

My friend asked me for a favor this week. She asked me to let her iron my hair with the GHD to test it out. As if I would object!

So yesterday I washed my hair and dried it with the blow dryer quick. I have really curly hair so I ended up with a fro! I didn't put any products in my hair.

She ironed it and I have to say that I am convinced! My mom would usually iron my hair with a clothes iron... on an ironing board... Yes, I said it: "a clothes iron on an ironing board!" Some people think I'm insane for it.

It took us a while to iron my hair but we were busy talking during the process as well.

Here are before and after pictures:

Before (Just to show how curly it is):
HairPics004Resized.jpg

After (Ignore the goofy smile):
HairPics008.jpg

Thank you Nicole ! ! ! ! :flowers: