If you sold a bag on ebay, would you state you tPF name in the info?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's against the rules...here's a recent thread on the topic:

http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/using-tpf-membership-sell-bag-ebay-does-have-197903.html

I've only recently started adding to my ebay listings that I'm a PF member, but I don't list my username. Then again, I use the same username for both...LOL... :Push: I think it's all about personal preference as a seller. And as a buyer, it's about doing your research no matter who the seller claims to be.

I agree on all counts! And I don't list my user name either, but I think it's pretty obvious! LOL :shame:

I mention tPF and occassionally my username, but even without that info, my listings are written very honestly; my prices are fair, and my feedback speaks for itself. I also include every single piece of supporting documentation along with the items I'm selling, from original receipt to cards to box to s/a's business card.

I recently sold a Chanel wallet on ebay to a buyer who was so happy she wrote and asked me if I had the matching tote. I didn't, and when she was about to bid on one for a huge profit to the seller, pointed her to Nordstrom where there was one left in stock. She couldn't thank me enough. She really had NO idea she could get the tote for $500 less in a department store since all the ebay sellers were touting the "Sold out!" mantra in their listings. This type of communication and honesty is what really makes a seller credible.

I only refer to tpf and encourage to get it authenticated here in case of doubt. I will give my tpf name, only after they kindly introduce themselfs with their username first..

Thank you eveyone. I'm considering putting a bag up for sale and was wondering what the best things to do/say in order to give a potential buyer piece of mind. I rarely sell, but have 100% feedback and have everything I need to document it. Thanks again!:smile:

OH!:wtf: I had no idea. Thanks for the heads up. I would NOT want to do something that would jeapordize my ability to be a part of this forum. Do let me know if that's a no-no! :shame:

To be clear, I'm asking that if a person sells a bag on ebay, to say "oh, I am cjj on tPF" would that make you feel better about the authenticity of the bag. Nothing else, no more info, just that. No discussing it here, no PM's, nothing. TIA
it would not make me feel better reg. authenticity

I've got to say, I have been seeing this a lot more on ebay in listings "member of TPF" etc and it still makes me really uncomfortable as I do not want buyers to get a false sense of security:

1) anyone can say they are a member of tpf
2) someone who sells fakes can also get a membership on tpf
3) being a member of tpf does not guarantee the authenticity of the particular item being sold, ONLY purchasing from an authorized retailer can
4) even a geniune honest tpf member can unwittingly have bought a fake and resell it without knowing

It ok that genuine honest tpf members want to give buyers that extra reassurance BUT I can definitely see this being abused and buyers getting a false sense of security.

I recently sold a bag on ebay and decided against mentioning my membership to tpf eventhough it may have made my auction more attractive to buyers therefore going for a higher price and/or bringing more bids.

I only referred potential buyers to the site for "information" as I also don't feel comfortable when sellers say get this bag "authenticated by authorized Chanel....at Purse Forum" as I have seen on a few auctions stating this as well.

I guess in the end its really up to the buyer to do their own research and this forum is a great resource for that but by no means a guarantee of safe buying on ebay.

Caveat Emptor.

yeah, i don't think it matters when people say they belong to the TPF because anyone can say that. i wish we could be more exclusive, but people will find ways to trick/cheat people. it's unfortunate. :crybaby:

It DEFINITELY makes me feel better if I see they are longtime members and regular posters (the higher the number of posts the better). There is no promoting of fake bags on tPF so most fakers who come, leave rather quickly. Anyway, I check to see who they are and if I "know" them, etc. and Im sure they can do the same with me. I'd rather see "tpf member" than "I have receipts". Receipts dont mean anything to me.

this is actually an eBay question, but instead of moving it I'll close it as there's been several lengthy threads about this already. At least one was linked earlier in this thread.
We obviously can't control what people write in their listings, if you list on eBay and want to post your tPF member name in your listing it's fine.
But I sure wouldn't just trust that if I saw it:nogood:

Status
Not open for further replies.