If you have to carry two bags, what do you do?

1. I have to carry a computer bag to work with my laptop in it, and I also carry a purse. My computer bag is nylon right now, and I LOVE it, because it's plain and black and simple and washable and light and I can carry tons of stuff in it, including my lunch. SO the focus is on my handbag. I want to upgrade my computer bag to a leather one, but I still want it to be light and durable, and I don't want it to compete with my purse, whichever I decide to carry that day. I was looking at the LV Epi totes that are coming out (or the Passy), but I'd feel very funny wearing that with my LV mono bag or azur speedy...

So how do you handle this if you're in the same predicament? I like changing my purses daily, but want a computer tote (shoulder bag) that I will use every day.

2. I think the epi with the mono or azur will look fine...
    and the passy is a great choice:tup:
  3. I think this is a good question. I believe that carrying a simple bag -- one that looks like a computer bag but doesn't compete with your handbag -- is the way to go. I think it's best if the computer bag can be handheld or over the shoulder. That way, you could looked balanced (by carrying one bag on your arm and one bag on your other shoulder). You could also carry the computer bag on your shoulder and your handbag on the same-side arm.

www.AcmeMade.com has some nice ones in fabric. Here's one on sale from J Crew: http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product.jhtml?id=prod87419281&catId=cat230229 .

Also check out Kenneth Cole, including men's computer bags. They had a vertical one that was very nice.
  4. I'm a knitter, so I carry my knitting in a lovely burnt orange Tod's tote and my 'everyday' bag is a black Tod's Miky. They are both the same grain leather and nickel hardware. When i carry my 3lb laptop, i keep it in a very small padded Coach nylon case that fits in one side of my Lambertson Truex Jessup tote in black with the same white contrast stitching as the Tod's. Everything blends very well, lol!

BTW, I switch bags often, this is my most common combo.
  5. I usually carry the black Longchamp Le Pliage as my laptop bag and then I carry a LV speedy (handheld).
  6. jcriley5, that's a great solution. What size do you carry of Le Pliage?
  7. I wish I could be as stylish as you ladies....I travel a lot for work and have to juggle a laptop bag, a roller suitcase, and a purse. I've learned the hard way that when you're running to catch a plane the only way to go (for me at least) is a laptop backpack. So while I'd love to have a cute/nice laptop bag, my go-to bag is actually a laptop backpack I got from eBags.
  8. I take a huge briefcase like tote to work, in addition to a purse. I usually choose to carry a satchel bag that day, that way I only have one shoulder carrying weight. I hardly ever carry a shoulder bag when I have to use my tote for work. I also never care if the bags match each other.
  9. Yes, I do the same thing. I have a massive 17 inch laptop and a few thin folders, a book or two sometimes, and often a pair of heels (I switch to flats while commuting to/from work) that I carry in a pretty, but non-conflicting, black Anna Corrina Jet Setter and then I carry my handbag (whatever it is, generally a satchel) The black bag has a very rich supple leather and looks nice without overpowering whatever handbag I have. I'd love to get the same bag in other neutral colors.

10. I have to carry a laptop to work too. I prefer to carry my purse on my shoulder because its lighter and my laptop case on my arm.