If you had to decide between a leather or sig Carly?

The leather is much easier to keep nice. It can get wet and mine has been in the rain several times with no problems. It keeps its shape better than my sig carly ever did. I get more compliments on mine than any other bag I have ever had. As for it being plain, I think of it as a canvas and have the legacy patchwork neckerchief tied on it for a splash of color. I plan to get different scarves to tie on her to brighten her up too. I wish I had gotten the leather a long time ago.

The carly leather doesn't scratch easily, or leave marks unless it is a BIG scratch. It is also not pebbled leather. It is a buttery smooth soft supple leather. It moisturizes beautifully too.

Do you know I am still really confused :weird:? It wouldn't be so hard if I was picking it out myself because then I could come home and prance around in front of every mirror and make a decision but my husband would freak if I returned something he went to the trouble to pick and that he really liked. At least I know which bag I like, the Carly.

Mokey, I actually tried on the leather and sig in the store and my son (I know...but he actually has good taste!) loved the leather best. It was soft as could be.

Is that a large Carly? I have one in Sig print large size and I find it quite heavy.

I would like to get another Carly, a medium one in leather but am afraid of the weight.

Janjan: I am sorry as I was out all day. My Carly is a brown large one and it is not heavy at all. I love it! I might get a medium sized one next Spring when Coach introduces new colors for the new season. Get a medium sized leather one and give it a try. I really think that you would love the leather. It is really classy and low maintenance. I find that the leather is so smooth, like butter