If you had a single, perfect diamond...

joseybird

O.G.
Nov 11, 2012
I want to make one large (for me) single jewelry purchase at the end of the year, and I've been going through my options.

One of the more interesting things I've considered is buying a single, gorgeous diamond, and either later have it set in a halo pendant setting or - a bit more "out there" - have it set as a stud earring, and wear it on one lobe (in a secnd hole I'd have to get pierced).

If I want the highest quality diamond - color, cut, clarity - I coukd afford a 0.5 (mayyybe 0.6) carat stone. Part of the idea would be that if I ever tired of the pendant or earring I could later have the diamond re-set.

What do you think? Any other ideas?

Reactions: Araepsev
Hm.. The most interesting idea I've seen is a friend of mine - who had her pendant specially designed so it can be clicked on to a ring as well - so she can wear it as a pendant or a ring

Reactions: Araepsev
I want to make one large (for me) single jewelry purchase at the end of the year, and I've been going through my options.

One of the more interesting things I've considered is buying a single, gorgeous diamond, and either later have it set in a halo pendant setting or - a bit more "out there" - have it set as a stud earring, and wear it on one lobe (in a secnd hole I'd have to get pierced).

If I want the highest quality diamond - color, cut, clarity - I coukd afford a 0.5 (mayyybe 0.6) carat stone. Part of the idea would be that if I ever tired of the pendant or earring I could later have the diamond re-set.

If you are going to make a pendant or earring, you could go with a slightly lower color and clarity(I, SI) so you can get a larger stone. The color and clarity are not as obvious in a pendant or earring. Depending on how you wear your hair, the earring may not show up as much. I would go with a pendant. Or you could set the single diamond in a bangle or cuff bracelet- that would be really pretty too.

I vote for a solitaire ring as they are timeless. The setting can be changed whenever you like and as another poster said, the ring will be visible to you. I was recently given a solitaire as a gift from my mother and I stare at it all the time!

Reactions: Violet Bleu

I did just what you are planning but have went a bit overboard on the purchases! I think a right hand ring would be perfect- I love pendants but I agree with the other person that you'll rarely ever get to really enjoy it! Here are the diamonds and one moissanite that I've recently purchased -

My advice is to purchase from James Allen or WhiteFlash and stay away from brick and mortar mall stores. You'll get a much better quality diamond for much less going shopping online with a reputable jeweler!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 363
Not sure how you feel about fancy coloured diamonds, but if they are to your liking - you could always consider a yellow diamond - especially since the carat weight will be between 0.50 - 0.70 - it will stand out more without breaking the bank.

Reactions: Violet Bleu