If you didn`t buy Mulberry what would you buy??

^^^^^^^^^ You got one, I was looking at this site this morning and although its not for me I thought what a BARGAIN that is for someone 75% off WOW !!
Net a Porter have reduced some of their bags further also!!
I can`t get one- like you I`m also on the supernoodles!!

Hmmm, interesting question. I really focus more on the bag and not the brand...though there are brands that I avoid - or to be more precise - "looks" that I avoid.

Dream brands for me: BV & Henry Benguelin come to mind.....there is something common in that they focus so much on the leather/craftsmanship. I like "under the radar" bags - which can be so different in the US/Europe/Asia. It's one of the reasons I love Mulberry so much....they are not common in the US and they don't SCREAM their identity (ie. Prada, Gucci, LV, etc).

FWIW....the SA at Liberty mentioned to me that of most of the bags they carry, they have the least amount of problems w/Mulberrys......"very well made", she said.

Mulberry kicks-ass!

^^^^^^^^^ You got one, I was looking at this site this morning and although its not for me I thought what a BARGAIN that is for someone 75% off WOW !!
Net a Porter have reduced some of their bags further also!!
I can`t get one- like you I`m also on the supernoodles!!

They definately have some fab reductions! Hope its nice when it turns up! O and supernoodles ROCK:roflmfao::roflmfao::roflmfao:

I love, love, love Marc Jacobs' design - have a couple of his MBMJ bags and recently got my first mainline bag!
Botkier and Anna Corinna are among my favourites, though I have only one of each in my collection.
I adore the Balenciaga motorcycle bags and almost anything Chanel, but not the pricetags, so haven't got any, but hopefully one day I will :love:

I've just ordered this Chloe Eddie from NAP with 75% off which I can't wait to get!!! Now I'm on supernoodles for the next 3 months though after all my recent purchases!

I have been eyeing this bag in the sale as well, but must show some restraint! It's hard though as it is absolutely gorgeous :love:
Well done!

Just wondered what other bags you buy apart from Mulberry.

For me I`m very fickle and change all the while, I think also it would be nice to have a collection of different bags from different designers.

Although you do tend to find alot of the time that lots of people stick to the same brand
(victoria Beckham 100 hermes bags!!)

So tell us what do you have?,or if you had more money what would you buy then?

Mulberry bags were my first love in terms of upmarket / designer bags. Then I had a brief flirtation with Marc Jacobs and still have a black Stella Tote and a Marc for Marc Jacobs Orange / Turquoise Cube Bag.

My current love affair ( am I allowed to say this on the Mulberry forum :s ?) is with Chloe. I am totally obsessed:love: with the Quilted Medium Size Bay and have an embarassingly large collection of them in different colours ( Noir, Blanc, Argent,Moka, Patent Noir and Patent Jade :shame:...there were some great on-line sale bargains to be had on these bags at the end of last year if you knew where to look...and thanks to the ladies on the Chloe forum I'm now VERY familiar with these sites ;))

I also have a Whiskey Edith Messenger, which sadly spends most of its time at the back of my wardrobe - it was a MUST HAVE bag for me and then I just never really used it (can't bear to part with it, but I enjoy looking at it more than actually using it :rolleyes:). My last purchase was a Elephant Elvire tote.

I'm supposed to be on a bag ban , but seem to have lost control of any semblance of will power recently...:s. The less money I have, the more I seem to spend :nuts:...where on earth will it all end ? (Hope you'll all come and visit me in debtors jail even though I've got a foot in both the Mulberry and Chloe camps :smile:!)

So good to see you back Tagullah. Wow ...you have some bag collection!!

:tup:Hey thanks Aine - your post on the Chloe forum reminded me that I hadn't visited the Mulberry girls for a while and how much I enjoyed my previous visits with you all :yes:.

My bag collection is unwieldy I know:shame: ( and you wouldn't believe how many have been sold off to make way for newbies over the last year or so :wtf:). I keep expecting to reach the point of total saturation / satisfaction on the bag front...but so far,no luck:s !

I'm more of a "any brand goes" girl as long as the design is right. I'm looking to add some BV and Loewe to my collection, and then I would love to own a Valention evening bag. Some day a Birkin, maybe.

I'm more of a "any brand goes" girl as long as the design is right. I'm looking to add some BV and Loewe to my collection, and then I would love to own a Valention evening bag. Some day a Birkin, maybe.

Just to quote that,cos it does ring true for me too,as long as the design and look is right,I'll give it more of an inspection.
But the leather etc has to be good too,or I can't justify a price hike up from Mulberry. I did hanker after a sand colored Paddy,but pretty as it is,the fineness of the leather unnerved me,as it was either that or the Elgin when I narrowed it down to the last two.
The Elgin came out on top by a long way in terms of sturdy leather,size,easy access and I don't regret it at all.And the Elgin was three hundred quid cheaper too.

Maybe one day a Birkin too,but my love affair with Mulberry is so strong,I'm not sure I'd want to part with all that cash when Mulberry is hitting all the spots for me,design,price and quality. Who knows eh??!!!

I find it so fascinating to read about the "other" bags that Mulberry gals like! I think it is a reflection of a general attitude and lifestyle that makes a Mulberry gal. I, for instance, don't want to spend the $$ on the Hermes or an expensive car. If I had the money, I would prefer to use it on a nice vacation. It's a question of values and priorities and everyone has different limits and dealbreakers. I don't like "delicate" bags, for instance. Life is too complicated to worry about scratching your handbag!

Apart from Mulberry, my heart beats for LV (except perhaps for the mono canvas, I find that logo-covered bags are not really my style). I also have various evening bags from Gucci, Chanel, Anya Hindmarch and Marc Jacobs. Used to be a Chloé and Balenciaga-girl, but have now sold my paddy and my Bal-bags. I only kept a cute silver paddington clutch and I must admit I still want an Edith. Also love Miu miu, will surely get one someday...

If I had more funds, Bottega Veneta and more Chanel would be my first choice. And with unlimited funds, Hermès. But that will remain a dream, lol.

I find that it is so nice to finally understand my style and not keep looking at handbags. It is really a rest from obsession for me. For instance, the Neiman Marcus Last Call sale was announced on PurseBlog, and I looked, just to look and there was nothing nothing nothing that interested me, and it feels sooooo good! I know what I like, and that's Mulberry and Belen Echandia. So...don't have to waste my precious time anymore oogling handbags.

Or at least, I have only two sites to oogle in...! I am not searching for any "holy grail" bag, and the bags I like are not out of my reach if I save for them. That feels grand!