If you could only have one LV...would it be a denim?

1. I do not have a LV. Tried the Tulum, but it did not really work for me. But - the allure of LV is still calling :p. If I could only have one (which would be the case!) what are your thoughts on LV denim pieces? Personally when I first saw the denim bags I thought :wtf:.... I hate to admit it, but I am kind of drawn to them and I can't really explain why. Is the denim considered classic? Forgive my newby questions, but I need your inpute here. Bottom line: Indulge in a denim or wait until I finally find a monogram canvas style that I love? Thank-you in advance for your guidance!
  2. oh yeah - I forgot to say that I am not in my twenties... does this factor in?
  3. I see the denim as trendy - wanted a neo speedy once but didnt get one and never had regrets... If you would like something classy that would "last a lifetime" then I'd get something in damier/monogram. But this is just MO

My personal choice would be a suhali - understated elegance :tup:
  4. I like the denim line but if you can only have 1 piece, I don't think I would get it. I would stick with something more classic--epi, damier, or monogram if you like. Those pieces should last a lifetime and will never go out of style.
  5. Nope! i have a fuschia neo speedy and i used it once and sold it, if i could have only one it would be from the suhali line, denim is too trendy x
  6. there's nothing wrong with having a denim piece as your ONLY LV

it's funny you brought this up because i was looking at my black Neo-Cabby the other day and thinking that if i could only have ONE denim piece it would be that. it's black so it would go with everything, and the denim is remarkably durable, and i can see myself using this for a very very long time to come. you can actually use it for work because it's black and doesn't scream LV (or at least not as clearly as the other colors :p), and you can use it as a casual bag because it's denim

ok i'm not going to confuse you any further with my theory, so if you could only have ONE bag and it had to be denim, i suggest the Neo-Cabby in black
  7. IMO I would say no, as much as I love the denim pieces. For a first or only LV I would wait for something more classic to catch your eye. BUT if you really love it, then thats all that matters and go for it.
  8. I say if you love the denim, get the denim. You can always get the monogram canvas later - when you find a style that you really like.
  9. I don't consider the denim classic and it doesn't pull at me at all. I have liked the neo speedy but don't feel compelled to get it anymore. So if I were only to get one LV and have it be my only it would be a damier speedy 30 bec. it's subtle for days when you don't want your bag to announce to the world it's an LV.

You sound like you are really smitten w/ the denim line though, so I think you should go for it. It will be nagging at you if you don't. LV have decent resale so wear it, enjoy it and then flip it on eBay or here and use that money to get your next bag lust!
  10. I agree that the black denim is one of the more subtle monogram bags.
  11. I have 2 denim bags and love them...the patchwork speedy and the neo cabby mm in black. I'm 35 and I don't think I'm too old for denim at all!!! It all depends on your style! Denim is not trendy....denim has been around forever and so have denim bags!! Have fun with LV!! You can get a mono piece in the future. Get what you like!!!
  12. I think if the denim was going to be my only LV i'd go for the black cabby. IT would go with everything, you have the option of shoulder/hand held and it can go from casual to dressy.
  13. I'm in the Fifties and I like my Baggy PM very very much! For the first LV bag I would go for a Damier, but for the second one I would buy a Denim Bag. But if you love the Denim go for it - the Denim (especially the Baggy PM!!) are very agreable bags!
  14. I don't think there's nothing wrong with it you know, as long as you love teh bag! I personally wouldn't buy it because I would want something that I would be able to use on all occasion you know! The Suhali line is just awesome!
  15. Follow your heart! If you truly love denim then, that's what you should get. I think you'd enjoy to the fullest!