if you choke up at happy pet stories...

1. I saw this story on MSNBC.com today and had to share it with other animal lovers.

Sanctuary gives disabled pets a second chance - Today: Pets - MSNBC.com

I am a supporter of Best Friends animal shelter, in Kanab, UT - and it is so very wonderful to see that there are other shelters with the same mission out there.

:smile:

2. aww! That's wonderful! Just today I was looking at a cute Frenchie through petfinder who is blind. I'd be up for the challenge, its sad that alot of people aren't.

I'm glad there are people out there like this who can rescue these babies who have been tossed aside and give them a good life. :smile:

3. That's so inspiring. Dogs are quite adaptable. We adopt senior age rescue boxers. They aren't disabled, but they all have had health problems, needed serious surgeries, etc. and I really feel this is what my husband I are meant to do as dog owners. We'll be getting an abandoned older female who is ill next month. The love they give in return is priceless.

4. Thank you so much for posting this, Loganz!

I wasn't aware that this organization existed--hopefully more people will learn about them here, and support them!

5. Wow - I didn't know anything like that existed. That's awesome.

6. Thanks, Loganz - that's a great story.

7. Those dogs have gone through so much, they are an inspiration.