If I see ONE more FAKE Cambon Tote ......

What bothers me is that no one seems to be getting in legal trouble for selling counterfeit bags. In a mall near my house they have a boutique that openly sells counterfeit LV and Chanel style purses and accessories. They have been doing it for more than a year now and no one closes them down. It makes me so mad, why doesn't law enforcement care?!

I looked at a lovely black quilted lamskin wallet with the white cc logo wrapping around the left end in the Soho Chanel store yesterday in NYC, then two blocks away saw an astonishingly good copy of it being offered by a street vendor. It even included a fake Chanel box that looked pretty real - but not quite - and I believe the paper inside of the box also had what looked like the Chanel logo. I did not get it, but was impressed by the quality of the copy. Unless they were placed side by side, it would have been hard to tell from a real one.

Seeing it explained the one I saw in a teen's hands at my local Saks during a sale there. I had wondered who gave a kid of her age such a nice wallet - I thought it was pretty generous of Santa.

:roflmfao: i saw alot of FAKE Totes the other night when i was out for coffee - my friend was like, "is that one fake?" "yes" "what about that one?" "yes" OMG - its so fricken awful seeing fakes... they're SO badly made :barf:

Yes here in Boston a LOT of girls where fakes, some look absolutely atrocious. There are a lot of fake Cambon totes around made of plether, but a true bag lover can spot them a mile away- they lack the perfect stitching, sheen of quality leather, the nice shape. I don't care if others carry fakes- hey designer bags are expensive. I just enjoy carrying my bags because I love them and I know they are real, high quality and will last forever.

I originally sold my 1st Cambon because I had a girl come up to me when I was carrying mine in a restaurant and say "I just bought the same bag as you, they are having a party downstairs and are selling them." I was so mad that I sold it the next day. I ended up missing it so much that I bought it back. Its one of my favorite bags.