ice blue accident!

Wow! I'd have gone crazy if that happened to me. I hope all goes well for you. Let us know what you decide to do!

I wonder if it will come out of the busboy's pay? Just wondering! :angel:

ok, i went back to the scene of the crime for lunch today. btw, lunch was comped. anyway, the manager told me again the owner knew about the accident and would pay for a new weekender. i have to give them my ice blue...:sad: so, i am thinking what to do..... i wish i can find anew weekender in smoooooshy leather... anyway, i think the manager wants my ice blue for his wife. no joke! the stain has faded alot, but i do not want to diminish value of my bag so... anyway, i bravely carried in my origan weekender and manager made a little tent for it. he seems very interested in my collection now.. ideas?

i am so so sorry.. restaurants are tricky with weekenders, any bag in general actually. Where exactly do you put your weekender when in a restaurant? i have never brought mine in, as i am never quite sure what to do.. hang it off the back of chair, but then its all exposed.. or put it on my chair behind me... oh... the dilema. i would not know what to do about the ice blue. too bad the owner wants to take it...
love your white first by the way! are you going to treat the handles?

wow. that's basically all i can say after reading the last 3 pages of this thread. i would have throttled the busboy :censor: . seriously. you should get to keep the ice blue, wtf? you paid for it, they ruined it, they pay for a new one. bbags should not be used for collateral!
i give you credit for handling this with such grace :flowers:

thanks guys, the busboy i think is not getting punished bc it is an accident and restaurant knows a new weekendes is now, what $1485?, but i gotta tell you, the manager has his eye on my bag. he told me they would replace it for a new one in exchange for mine...........:blink: my bf says i think of these bags as little children...:heart:

I don't understand why he should get your old bag! That is awful - the bag is technically ruined - it's not your fault that it was damaged. I say they should pay for a new bag for you AND you should get to keep your old damaged bag!!!! Do you have a lawyer? It's time for someone to ring up this manager and make them aware that by purchasing a new bag for you they are avoiding small claims court, time, money, etc.!!!!

So sorry to hear that chauss!!! I'm glad they will pay for a new bag though! If you first want to try and have your bag professionally cleaned-maybe that's a good idea. The restaurant should pay for the cleaning and then you decide if you want to keep the ice blue?

Oh, chauss! I hope they let you keep your Ice Blue--unfortunately, it seems like they want it very badly. I agree with zacorey. Have them pay for it to be professionaly cleaned and if the stain still won't come out, have them buy a new bag. I still think they should buy you a new bag and let you keep your damaged one, too, though.

Unfortunately if they're paying for a new one that usually is part of the deal, to relinquish the damaged one. I can't believe that happened though! I know, it is just an accident, but like, what are the chances that it'd have to be all over your beautiful bag?? Are there any other older colors you'd be interested in getting? Maybe one will pop up, ebay or wherever, in the near future? I just hope they don't make you rush in deciding what to do, they should give you ample time to look around and find a replacement. But I do think that since it is a much desired color and leather that you should be compensated as to the price it would be to replace the ice blue today... which would definitely be more than the current prices of weekenders. I dunno, guess I'm babbling. Lots of luck!

hey chaussurewhore ekekek, i can't believe its taken me this long to see this thread!!! SORRY!!!

Firstly, ***hugs*** for you and your b-bag!!!

AND hmmm, thats so weird about the manager! Can't you just say, you threw it out because it was so badly damaged???

hmmm, keep us up to date with whats happening!!

***hugs***

avery, beaux, zac, pup, blue and soleil, thanks for the support! the the manager seems to understand the cost to replace the bag. hopefully, i will find the perfect one soon. however, i havent seen any 06 smooshy weekenders yet and i doubt a new 05 ice blue weekender will appear...although if it did, that would be the ideal thing bc i wouldnt feel bad giving them the old one... just dreaming...:love: :angel:

Oh no, I would be so heartbroken ! Your heart must have ripped in half a little when it happened !

Anyways, how do you feel about relinquishing your bag ? I mean, the stain's there that's true, but if it's something that you really love, maybe you can just ask for something like a boobie or a scarf that may hide the stain and you'll still be able to keep your bag. Anyways, whatever choice you make - make sure it's what you really want !