I won't buy another bag until......

1. I set a goal for myself to lose 10 pounds. Once I lose 5 pounds, I will allow myself to buy a new bag. I have my eye on a Longchamp purse, since I love the bigger one so much.

I figure making this deal with myself will 1) help me lose the weight and 2) prevent me from buying another bag.

What about you guys?
  2. I have tried that before, but I had no will power, haha. Still got the bag, but didn't lose the weight. Good luck to you!
  3. Yea same here i'm another one with no will power, I go in see something I like then that deal with myself get altered or thrown out the window altogther. Hopefully it will work for you though. Good Luck.
  4. Nope, didn't work for me! In fact, I gained 6 pounds on vacation and have a couple new bags I'm lusting after! But best of luck to you!
  5. Good luck girl !
  6. I usually tell myself that I will buy some new jeans when I lose 5 pounds. Even if I gained 75 pounds today, I would still feel good about buying a new bag. Such rationalization, huh???
  7. But what if there's an awesome sale? Just kidding! Good luck and I'm cheering for you!
  8. 5lbs isn't too much to lose - stick with it and get that new purse. I lost my post pregnancy weight without dieting by starting to run. it's fab, I get fit, lose weight and I can still eat chocolate!!!!!
  9. Actually I want to lose 10 pounds...

However I just read in the latest issue of Health magazine, on page 132, that results from a recent "study of self control suggest that willpower has limits- and that you can lose yours by trying to restrain from too many areas at once. So save your next trip to the mall for a day when you haven't been skipping your favorite foods".

Interesting huh?
  10. Great concept, maybe I'll try it, that would probably be the one thing that might make me stick to a diet -- no bags until I lose 5 lbs..................:choochoo:
  11. I thought this would be a good motivating factor for me. I also thought of others: until I clean out all my closets, my kids closets and then actually doate everything. Or sell all my Balenciaga Bags. Or organize all the piles of papers I have.

Or sort through all my kid's toys and get rid of the unwanted.

I should make a list :yes:
  12. Good luck to you! As for me, I gifted myself after losing X amount of weight and then put X + 5 lbs back on!!! Does that mean I have to return the giftie???:shame:
  13. Yes, give the bag to me :p
  14. you'll have to wrestle it out of my once again plump arms!!!
  15. :roflmfao: