I won an item for £10.50... but seller will relist if I don't give her £45??

Jul 29, 2006
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Starting bid was at [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]£10, and I made the winning bid. Auction ended at [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif]£10.50.

After I've won, the seller emails me this:

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]Im sorry i cannot accept this amount for these tops they should be £45 at the least so unless you want to pay that i will have to re list them thanks and sorry for any inconvenience

[/FONT]
[FONT=arial,sans-serif]:confused1: She is new, with only one positive, and one neg. She was a buyer in both cases so I thought it would be okay to buy from her. What should I do? I want those tops but I don't think I should pay any more. I don't want a non-payment strike either. [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif] It's not my fault she listed the item poorly..
[/FONT]

Sorry this happened. You can report the seller to ebay.Use the link below->

"What buyers can do if they feel a seller has violated the Seller Non-Performance policy
If a seller has refused to complete a sale, and payment has not been sent or payment has been refunded, report the seller. Make sure to include a copy of the email documenting the seller's refusal to complete the sale with the full message text and complete email headers when making your report."

^ Thank you! I also want to send her a strongly worded letter in the process :cursing: .. but I will try to refrain.

WOW I just checked.. she already relisted the item! (the auction I won ended less than 24 hours ago) But then she ended it early? What a loon..

You can report her immediately, and leave her a feedback like: Seller refused to sell at auction ending price, asked for 45 instead and relisted

What an idiot doesnt she realise it is supposed to be a legally binding transaction - if she wanted more money for the item she should have set a reserve or a BIN. Yes , you should definately reprt her and leave neg fb as it is sellers like her that give people a bum deal on eBay!!!!!

wow. i know we all want to get as much as we can for our items but that's why you put the lowest price you're willing to risk accepting as your start price. good luck with this seller!

[FONT=arial,sans-serif] I want those tops but I don't think I should pay any more. I don't want a non-payment strike either. [/FONT][FONT=arial,sans-serif] It's not my fault she listed the item poorly..
[/FONT]

I don't think there is anyway that you can receive a non payment strike in this situation. It is HER that is not accepting the price that you fairly won the auction at. If it were up to you, you would happily pay her the money and get on with the transaction.. right? So she is the one who will receive the strike- a non selling seller strike, or whatever it's called. Don't worry about any penalties on your end you are clearly in the right on this one and if I were you I'd do what everyone is suggesting and contact ebay and leave neg fb immediately.

Good luck!

Hi! I would report her and she obviously doesn't understand that without a reserve you have to sell at the cost the auction ends at....it's not name your own price and extort from the winning bidder.....I wonder if she had to pay the relisting fees and what she told Ebay to relist the item.....she obviously needs an explanation on how to play in the sandbox. You won it fair and square for the price the auction ended.....sounds like sour grapes to me. Hope they can stop her from continuing on in these sales practices......Oh, leave her negative feedback.....it will halp others stay away from bidding....Z

I would report her immediately AND send her a letter stating that you had a legally binding contract and that you are reporting this as a fraud. She should end that auction now and sell it to you at the original winning bid.

I woudn't leave FB because I'd be scared of a retaliatory neg. I know, I know, it's the right thing to do to alert the community, but my DH is extremely protective of our FB. I do think you have to report her though.

I didn't write to her as it seems like it wouldn't do any good (She already relisted! And gave me barely any time to reply before she did). But I left her this NEG:

Non performing seller. Won for £10.50 but told me to pay £45 or she wouldnt sell

She now has the enviable feedback score of 33% :rolleyes: I also reported her using those links Lee69 provided. Hopefully she will get kicked off ebay soon!