I wish I loved my Black City...

BalNY isnt going to take it back. And I am 100% opposed to treating bags with any appleguard crap (lots of chemicals you dont want on your leather), and opposed to treating bags in general. BUT, my daughter just lubed her Courier with Lubriderm a couple of weeks ago and I must say its 1000% better. It was dry also.

I had a black City and when it started to get the teensiest bit dry looking I sold it and moved on to another bag. No regrets!

Yeah, I figured sending it back would not be an option. I can't believe I was satisfied with it when I first received it. It is my own bad.

I would go and get some Lubriderm!!

lubriderm= no scent unlike LMB.......... I used it on just my mirror of my PART TIME and :shrugs: it was ok- plus used it on the toilet case I had gotten :shrugs: no funniness afterwards~~~~ good luck though!

Thanks all you wonderful people! I have not tried to treat her yet, as I have not treated any bag. I suppose my choices are just those, moisturize or sell and rebuy. I really don't want to spend the extra money right now, so I'm going to give it a shot. But I've read threads supporting Appleguard, others support Lubiderm, and then others...LMB. I feel like I only have one shot with this bag (lol), so which is it?! :confused1:
:heart:
I don't mean to confuse you more, but I use a combo of Glysomed Handcream and Cetaphil Cream or one if I don't have both. A little goes a long way, they are absorbed quickly, and they are odorless. I do not like the smell of LMB products at all! It is not that they smell bad, the odor is just very strong, and I love the smell of Bal leather. If you prefer your bags shiny I will tell you when you first use the creams the bags look duller. But they do not stay that way, and in a couple of days they will be shiny again. I am wondering if they will take the bag back because of the uneven slouching. I have never heard of a bag doing that before. You should at least call them and tell them, and see if this constitutes a flaw. Make sure to do so before you treat your bag.
:yes:
As for colorful bags, I am one person that would never pay $1200 for a white or black Bbag. I know lots of gal love these colors, but I think you can get any ole bag in black and white, so I like getting the vibrant colors that Bal does so well. If you see my collection listed below you will see how much I love the bright Bal colors, but before I bought LV or Bal I had 3 bags I rotated throughout the year, black, white, and brown. Bbags have changed that forever! Here is before and after photos of my Teal City. It was very, very dry and it looks like a completely different bag in the after. I used the combo I stated above. Hope all turns out well for you.
:heart:
Picture2433.jpg

Picture2436.jpg

Picture2440.jpg

Gorgeous photos as always, Deana!! :heart:

Another thing I thought might be helpful to mention, is that using it might help as well!! I'm guessing you haven't used it too much since you are unsure about it?? Regardless whether you decide to treat it or not... I think you would see a drastic difference if you were to use it alot, even in as short a time period as a week or two!!!

I was unsure about the leather on my 07 Marine City (perish the thought!!)... there's a rant thread somewhere around here about it, I was in a panic!! However, when I finally gave the bag a chance... I noticed the leather started changing dramatically after just a week or two of use!! I tested Lubriderm on a little corner on the side of it (which worked nicely), however I never felt the need to use it on the bag - because it started changing so much on its own!! It has softened up nicely.

Now, my 07 Marine is my "go-to" bag!!! :tup: Sooooo... if switching things around is too much of a hassle/not an option - I would say to give it a chance by using it!! You never know! ;)

Gorgeous photos as always, Deana!! :heart:

Another thing I thought might be helpful to mention, is that using it might help as well!! I'm guessing you haven't used it too much since you are unsure about it?? Regardless whether you decide to treat it or not... I think you would see a drastic difference if you were to use it alot, even in as short a time period as a week or two!!!

I was unsure about the leather on my 07 Marine City (perish the thought!!)... there's a rant thread somewhere around here about it, I was in a panic!! However, when I finally gave the bag a chance... I noticed the leather started changing dramatically after just a week or two of use!! I tested Lubriderm on a little corner on the side of it (which worked nicely), however I never felt the need to use it on the bag - because it started changing so much on its own!! It has softened up nicely.

Now, my 07 Marine is my "go-to" bag!!! :tup: Sooooo... if switching things around is too much of a hassle/not an option - I would say to give it a chance by using it!! You never know! ;)

Thanks Bags4! Another great suggestion. I've been thinking about it all day practically. I mostly use my black city out of all my bbags but I've probably only used it 8-10 times, and usually not straight in a row. I bet it would soften up a bit if I used her for two weeks straight. =) I'll give it a try and report back.

Like all the experts said, you should carry it for awhile, lube it and then if you still don't like it, you should be able to sell it and buy another without much trouble. Alot of people like this leather!

Definitely use the bag straight for a few weeks. But for the different "treatments" you're contemplating trying out...TEST them...use the spare tassels. You'll be able to try a couple things out and see what you think of it.

Because once you've applied lotion or leather conditioner or whatever to your bag you can not undo and remove it. Leather cleaner does not remove "treatments" for the most part and usually just makes things worse IMO when the bag isn't dirty.

Then when you think you know which product you like, test it again on the mirror. I think your bag looks great as is and just need some use to soften her up.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

i wouldn't use lubriderm. try apple guard conditioner first...

I agree 100%. Lubriderm is for human skin, not leather and that is only my opinion. Apple Guard is for leather. I haven't used Lubriderm but a friend of mine did and it made her bag stinky after a couple of months. Like old lotion oily smell.

I'll heed Realdealcollection's words of caution. On my walk through the drugstore aisle this evening, I took a look at cetaphil cream and lubriderm. They both have petroleum jelly and/or mineral oil so I still worry about what those would do to a bag in the long run. Those kinds of lubricants seem like they might attract dirt overtime. It sounds like the leather feels great after being lotioned so I can really understand the draw of wanting a bag to feel uber soft and silky.

I agree 100%. Lubriderm is for human skin, not leather and that is only my opinion. Apple Guard is for leather. I haven't used Lubriderm but a friend of mine did and it made her bag stinky after a couple of months. Like old lotion oily smell.

Gosh, I didn't even think of that! I'm so glad I've just waited to do anything. I'm normally one to act before real consideration. lol My DH is so cute...he knows I've been upset about my bag, and tonight he brought home some leather cleaner/conditioner (for a car, mind you) from walmart and said, "Babe, try this." Inside I cringed, but I said, "Thank you sweetie, I'll take a look at it." I probably shouldn't bring up my dry black city around him anymore. lol