I wish Hermes would put a 'window' in their scarf boxes...

allaboutnice

J'adore Hermes
Dec 16, 2006
I have a small collection of H scarves but I do add to it every now and again, lol and I've reached a point where it takes too long to find the right one, grabbing box after box...

There was a thread about storing scarves and the difficulty in identification:

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/how-do-you-store-lots-of-scarves-44535.html

When I was in London last week buying my capecod watch :love: DH treated himself to a new tie. Not Hermes this time, he has several lovely H ties but wanted a different one.

ANYway, just take a look at his tie box it's almost the correct shade of orange, lol - it has a tiny window in the front to identify the tie. Wouldn't it be great if Hermes did something similar with their scarf boxes.

I just wanted to share really, I think it's a really neat idea:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• tiebox2.jpg
    tiebox2.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 520
  • tiebox3.jpg
    tiebox3.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 503
  • tiebox1.jpg
    tiebox1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 556
brilliant post, all about nice!
perhaps you can accomplish same on your existing H scarf boxes,
using an exacto knife or number 3 blade/scalpel.
secure newly formed "window" with saran wrap from the inside with acid free tape/adhesive??
angie:heart::girlsigh:

brilliant post, all about nice!
perhaps you can accomplish same on your existing H scarf boxes,
using an exacto knife or number 3 blade/scalpel.
secure newly formed "window" with saran wrap from the inside with acid free tape/adhesive??
angie:heart::girlsigh:

:s I'm sure it could be done but I haven't got the confidence to try, more likely be a bloodfest, I'm a bit clumsy like that :sweatdrop:

Yes, I agree.... A small "window" would be great! Right now I have put postage stamp photos of my scarves on the boxes but it is not a perfect solution. I'm constantly shuffling boxes. :cursing:

Wow, that must be a new tie box design since I've never seen received one like it when I have bought H ties for DH. Super idea!!!

As my scarf collection grew over the years I gave up on using boxes for storage since I could never find what I wanted and ended up with a bunch of boxes all over the bedroom. They, of course, had to be put away and that got to be too much work especially when I was rushing out to work. Now keep my H scarves in dresser drawers arranged by color and I find it's so much easier to locate what I want quickly.

A friend uses a different method. She puts labels on her boxes with the scarf name and color.

I was thinking of labelling the boxes with design title, colour scheme and year of release but I think I like the photograph idea. I can't bear the thought of chopping up even the smallest orange box but if Hermes were to do it well I'd be first in the queue to buy.

ANN:

What a wonderful idea! :tup:A PEAK-A-BOO kind of thing...and what a coincidence as my wife was getting frustrated with opening boxes after boxes and wasting time and creating a mess (specially when you're in a hurry!)...she ended up just taking them all out of their boxes and using one drawer for all...but honestly, keeping them inside an orange box just looks more chic!!!

Again, I like your idea...necessity is the mother of invention! hah! There you go, you prove that right! Way to go ANN!

I don't have that many scarves yet, but I have labeled the boxes with a transparent Dymo tape, typing name and colour of the scarf. I'm usually a very messy person, but after use and airing I manage to put them back into the boxes quite religiously for some reason.

hi AAN!

this is a great idea...have you tried sending it to hermes via their website? :idea:

I sent them an email suggesting they include boutique opening/business hours in their website as part of the store information and they responded to me...not that they have implemented it (yet?:P) and I hope they do.

I think it's worth a try...good luck! :flowers:

Right now I have put postage stamp photos of my scarves on the boxes but it is not a perfect solution. I'm constantly shuffling boxes. :cursing:

I take photos of my scarves/bags/shoes, print them out and stick the photos on the boxes, PLUS I make copies of the photos to put into those A4-sized name-card holders with 10 spaces per page. This allows me to coordinate my accessories without trying too hard to remember what I have. Looking at the photos in an album form also reminds me what I have buried deep in my closet somewhere! :P

My next project will be to take photos of my jewellery and put those into an album as well!