I was sold a fake chanel purse

1. Hi,

I am so mad :cursing: I bought what suppose to be a "authentic chanel purse" on Bay for $770.00. I am now a proud owner of a knock off. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260102533996&sspagename=ADME:L:AAQ:US:1
    As soon as I opened the box I could tell that it was fake. Even my husband knew is was a knock off. I put in a claim dispute with paypal and am waiting to hear back from the seller. When I talked to the paypal rep. earlier she said I may need to get the purse authenticated for my dispute. And have the authentiction in writing on company letter head. Chanel does not do written verfication. Do you know where I can get this verification done? I have tried www.caroldiva.com but she said she only verfies only cetain models of Chanel. If you can lead me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. I'm pretty sure MyPoupette will do written authentications on Chanel auctions. I'm sorry you got a fake.:sad:
  3. Hello,
    So sorry to hear you got a fake and I really hope you paid with your credit card. Hopefully paypal has been able to freeze the funds in your seller's account. If not and even if paypal sides with you paypal is only offering $200 worth of protection on this item.
    My advice if you paid with your credit card or bank account funds is to contact that institution.
    Did you contact the seller?
    Also as mentioned by smoothoprter Mypoupette I believe will do a written authentication, http://www.mypoupette.com/
    I hope it all works out for you!
  4. Yes, My Poupette is the most likely option. It might also be worth putting down in writing what it is that first alerted you to the bag being a counterfeit - if there is sufficient convincing detail it might be that the claim will not progress to formal authentication stage - lots of luck and I hope you get your money back very soon.
  5. Thanks for the advice. I did call my cc company to let them know about the situation. They said they would intervene if paypal does not recover the funds for me. I did contact the seller via paypal through the dispute resolution. To let her know that I wanted a full refund. I have yet to hear back. What troubles me the most is that I have to send this ILLEGAL merchandise back to the seller. (when paypal settles the dispute, till then this horrid purse will take up precious space in the closet) I'm sure she will just put it back on to eBay. I wish that eBay or paypal would have me ship it back to them so they can destroy it so the seller would be out their merchandise and the money! Thanks for letting me vent. I will be sure to check out mypoupette.com

Thanks again,

6. What a relief to know you paid with your credit card as if you check the listing paypal unfortunately only offers $200 worth of protection on this item. So even if they do side with you it's good to know you have your credit card for back up.
    Hopefully your seller will just tell you to return the item, perhaps remind her that it is illegal to sell counterfeit merchandise, etc.
    As a last resort you could try calling her, did you get her contact info from eBay?
  7. The only contact information I have on the seller is an email address and her home address. How do you get the phone number of the seller?

8. Thank you for the information. I went ahead and requested the information.

9. Glad you got the information.
    There was a thread on the forum the other day about calling buyers & sellers.
    I think in this situation you should not feel weird, after all you are the one who is out over $750 and Ebay provides buyers/sellers with contact information for instances such as yours. You will also then know if the seller has provided a legitimate telephone number or is truly a scam artist.
  10. Please read the ebay tips thread here.

I checked out the seller's feedback (only 16), and she has feedback for selling one item.

When spending so much money, please research your sellers so you don't get ripped off!

Please leave this ebayer a negative to warn others!

Sorry this happened to you!
  11. I just logged on and left negative feedback thanks for all the advice!
  12. That stinks! I really hope you get all your money back and that seller gets kicked off eBay. :mad:
  13. OMG I am so sorry to hear that!! I hope everything gets resolved right away!!
  14. So rotten that this happened but I just wanted to say a huge thank you to you for being decent enough to leave honest feedback after this experience. Well done.