I was scammed

1. Admittedly, I wasn't too smart. I saw a BIN brand new Coach satchel for an incredibly low price. Photos looked good, checked FB, looked good, although not much activity in the last year. The seller was located in NY state.

Then I received an email with a tracking number for shipment, and the shipping was global priority. Huh? since when was NY to PA international? Five days later I received the package...a nice padded envelope from China, with two men's ties inside. The tracking number matched the # sent to me in the email, so my concern was that the seller was trying to circumvent an item not received claim.

Good news, I filed a claim with PayPal, the seller said she would pay less than 50% back because that's all she had in her account. She said she was very sorry. I bet she was! I declined her offer and PayPal ruled in my favor. I got all of my money back.

What I don't understand is , did she think she would get away with it? And did she hack the account with a NY address, or is that an address she used to register on eBay?

It just made me much more cautious. As the saying goes, if it's too good to be true, it is, so next time I'll pass.
  2. I'm glad you got your money back. I think some of these people believe that they can cheat others and they won't have to pay it back, especially if it isn't a large amount of money.
  3. I am glad everything worked out for you.
  4. Yes, glad you get your $$$ back :smile: I guess she used USA address to register or has channel in Ch :shrugs:
  5. Oh man...that's crazy! I'm glad you got your money back.
  6. Glad to hear that you got it resolved! Thank you for letting us all know!
  7. She probably is in NY, but she has the bags she sells (which are fake) drop-shipped to her customers from her supplier in China. It's a stupid way for her to do business, since the suppliers are notorious for sending the wrong things, sending damaged bags, etc. and she has no way to check before her customer receives it. But anyway - I'm glad it worked out for you!
  8. Oh my...well, I am happy to hear that you got your money back!
  9. That makes sense. Thanks for explaining that.