I Want to Share some Memories! (Hometown Acting from Celeb Section)

1. I LOVE to act. It's my thing. I could do it all day every day. So tell me your acting stories, if you act, and post pics, if you got them. I'll share some of my funny stories with ya'll.

The first batch is from my first play. I was playing "Alma Hix" or "That's MRS. OLIVER HIX to you" as I was known jokingly backstage" in "Meredith Willson's The Music Man." It was the greatest summer of my life!

[​IMG]

Me and the guy that was playing "Tommy Djilas." We got to be good buddies and he was playing...or attempting to...while I was singing for him. I like this pic...I look kinda thin! Lol

[​IMG]

Our first Sunday rehearsal. I was sick and didn't feel real good, but this was my first line in the play and I sacrificed my health for my art! haha.

[​IMG]

My smile is totally fake in this pic, but you can see my makeup and the hat I loved! My ex-bf came up to me after the show when he saw it and he said "You looked so beautiful in that brown hat! It made you look like Rose from Titanic." I wasn't sure if he meant it but I felt like a million bucks! My hair was up, but I don't think this is actually a performance...maybe, but more than likely a dress rehearsal.

[​IMG]

Overlook the fact that I look pregnant, please. That dress was the bane of my existance for 6 weeks. It was 3 sizes to small but so was our budget so we did with what we had. The night before opening night, the zipper exploded and we had to rush to get it fixed. As a joke I was telling everyone that my onstage husband and I were expecting another child. It got a huge laugh.

[​IMG]

The Pick-A-Little-Talk-A-Little ladies and Harold Hill. Lifelong buds we are because of this!

[​IMG]

MY BIG MOMENT! I had to do the "She made brazen overtures with a guilt age guarentee..." speech. Everyone loved it. I felt I could have been better, but that's me.

[​IMG]

We were panamiming the Quartet. I don't think anyone heard the Quartet. The lady in the middle, Mrs. Eulalie McKecknie Shinn, choreagraphed the whole thing so that it was A+ funny.

[​IMG]

We had to FIGHT with every ounce of our energy to get to wear those dresses. Our director wanted us to wear our "Grecian Urn" costumes for the entire second act and I had altered the dress and made the hat and everything and I told him, NO WAY was I not going to wear that dress. So we wore the Grecian Urn costume for the scene in the last pic (the pic was at a dress rehearsal before he changed it) and then during "Shipoopi" we had to change VERY quickly and make it back outside on stage before the song was over....crazy! But we wanted to wear the dresses!

CONT....

2. Continued from above....

[​IMG]

See....I'm a Grecian Urn....humiliating.

[​IMG]
    This is a bad angle, but I felt like a star when my Mom took it. The first night of performance and I was in hair and makeup. I already had my makeup done (I always do my own) and was waiting for my hair. Because I had an updo they always left me till less. As you can see, I hit up McDonalds before hand. Can't perform on an empty stomach.

[​IMG]

This is my favorite moment.Thank God it's on film. This is Seventy-Six Trombones. The guy playing Harold Hill was SO freaking loveable and charming...he "flirted" with me and the girl next to me, for a moment there amidst the song...that smile is all real. He made you blush! All he had to do was smile at you!

[​IMG]

The man that played my husband and his two wives! LOL. The lady on the left is his real wife and I was his stage wife. Every night when we all got there to get ready she'd hand him over to me. "For the night, he's yours!" She'd say. And I'd have to make sure he got in the right costume and had hair and make up and all that. After the show was over I'd go up to her and say "YOU CAN HAVE HIM! I WANT A DIVORCE!" We always had people watching the switchover. It was so great!

Fun tip about hubby there....he's a phenominal singer, great baritone, and he plays Garth Brooks every year in our talent show! He's so awesome. The night of our cast party he and I did a duet on Garth's "The Dance." Precious memories!

3. I LOVE to act. It's my thing. I could do it all day every day. So tell me your acting stories, if you act, and post pics, if you got them. I'll share some of my funny stories with ya'll.

The first batch is from my first play. I was playing "Alma Hix" or "That's MRS. OLIVER HIX to you" as I was known jokingly backstage" in "Meredith Willson's The Music Man." It was the greatest summer of my life!

[​IMG]

Me and the guy that was playing "Tommy Djilas." We got to be good buddies and he was playing...or attempting to...while I was singing for him. I like this pic...I look kinda thin! Lol

[​IMG]

Our first Sunday rehearsal. I was sick and didn't feel real good, but this was my first line in the play and I sacrificed my health for my art! haha.

[​IMG]

My smile is totally fake in this pic, but you can see my makeup and the hat I loved! My ex-bf came up to me after the show when he saw it and he said "You looked so beautiful in that brown hat! It made you look like Rose from Titanic." I wasn't sure if he meant it but I felt like a million bucks! My hair was up, but I don't think this is actually a performance...maybe, but more than likely a dress rehearsal.

[​IMG]

Overlook the fact that I look pregnant, please. That dress was the bane of my existance for 6 weeks. It was 3 sizes to small but so was our budget so we did with what we had. The night before opening night, the zipper exploded and we had to rush to get it fixed. As a joke I was telling everyone that my onstage husband and I were expecting another child. It got a huge laugh.

[​IMG]

The Pick-A-Little-Talk-A-Little ladies and Harold Hill. Lifelong buds we are because of this!

[​IMG]

MY BIG MOMENT! I had to do the "She made brazen overtures with a guilt age guarentee..." speech. Everyone loved it. I felt I could have been better, but that's me.

[​IMG]

We were panamiming the Quartet. I don't think anyone heard the Quartet. The lady in the middle, Mrs. Eulalie McKecknie Shinn, choreagraphed the whole thing so that it was A+ funny.

[​IMG]

We had to FIGHT with every ounce of our energy to get to wear those dresses. Our director wanted us to wear our "Grecian Urn" costumes for the entire second act and I had altered the dress and made the hat and everything and I told him, NO WAY was I not going to wear that dress. So we wore the Grecian Urn costume for the scene in the last pic (the pic was at a dress rehearsal before he changed it) and then during "Shipoopi" we had to change VERY quickly and make it back outside on stage before the song was over....crazy! But we wanted to wear the dresses!

CONT....

4. Continued from above....

[​IMG]

See....I'm a Grecian Urn....humiliating.

[​IMG]
    This is a bad angle, but I felt like a star when my Mom took it. The first night of performance and I was in hair and makeup. I already had my makeup done (I always do my own) and was waiting for my hair. Because I had an updo they always left me till less. As you can see, I hit up McDonalds before hand. Can't perform on an empty stomach.

[​IMG]

This is my favorite moment.Thank God it's on film. This is Seventy-Six Trombones. The guy playing Harold Hill was SO freaking loveable and charming...he "flirted" with me and the girl next to me, for a moment there amidst the song...that smile is all real. He made you blush! All he had to do was smile at you!

[​IMG]

The man that played my husband and his two wives! LOL. The lady on the left is his real wife and I was his stage wife. Every night when we all got there to get ready she'd hand him over to me. "For the night, he's yours!" She'd say. And I'd have to make sure he got in the right costume and had hair and make up and all that. After the show was over I'd go up to her and say "YOU CAN HAVE HIM! I WANT A DIVORCE!" We always had people watching the switchover. It was so great!

Fun tip about hubby there....he's a phenominal singer, great baritone, and he plays Garth Brooks every year in our talent show! He's so awesome. The night of our cast party he and I did a duet on Garth's "The Dance." Precious memories!

5. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those pictures!

The Music Man is my ALL-TIME favorite musical!!!

Thanks for sharing those pictures!

6. OH THANK YOU! I'm gonna continue the post in General Discussion....

7. Sweet photos! Looks like you had a great time! Are you going to persue acting as a career?

8. I'd love to. I had already enrolled into a Photography college so I'm going to go for that, but I'm never going to stop stage acting. I would LOVE to go to Hollywood but I don't know. I've got some more pictures to add, but from another play.

9. you. are. so. gorgeous.

10. I've only got one. I'm actually a dancer, but sometimes when a play needs dancers I'll help out.

This was from a play about Hawaiian gods and goddesses... I was the goddess of rain and am wearing mostly white feathers. I'm with a guy playing a female kahu.

And, I'm REALLY pale IRL, but the flash makes me even more pale. LOL.

[​IMG]

11. Oh, and I hate speaking on stage. I can do any sort of movement, wearing anything... dance in anything (I've danced in pools of water on stage before, that was fun!) but I hate talking. In the above play I had to say some Hawaiian words. Terrible!

12. K, I lied.

One from me in a production of Chicago (on the right):

[​IMG]

And a promo shot from a production of Ovid's Metamorphoses... I'm in here - a bit like Where's Waldo...

[​IMG]

13. BTW missy, you are so pretty! I bet you're a shoe-in for the classical roles especially... you have a very classic beauty.

14. ^^^I think I spotted you right away! lower right?

15. Ok, this set of pics is from the 2nd play I did. I'm actually part of the company that produced it. With TMM it was community theatre. This play is called "Epic Proportions" and it was a farse, set in the 1930's about a group of actors making big biblical epic movie. It was a 12 person cast, so we all had multiple parts. I personally had 4.

So here we go. There was more to this play than these few pics I have...but this is all I've got.

Character: Extra 3#
    [​IMG]
    I'm there on the far right. This is a scene where we watch the "actor" who is playing a Roman General give a speech. Unfortunately the girl in the green and I got craxked up and had to disguise our laughter as making fun of the "actor...." But it all worked out.

Character: The Queen's Attendant
    [​IMG]

Me on the right and the "Queen of Egypt" or the actress playing her, are fighting over a box of cigarettes. It's the 30's after all, everyone smokes. This wasn't the central part of the scene but people came up to us after the show saying how hilarious it was.

[​IMG]

My BIG MOMENT! I had to perform a speech and then the Queen would have a fit and every time she had her fit, she'd stop the scene and make some excuse to "re-shoot" it. So I'd have to do it again. I had to do it 3 times. Each time I had to get it more over the top than the last time and I had to get in front of the Queen because this was "MY MOMENT." Our director said "Be Bette Davis and Joan Crawford." So we did. Each time she'd push me out of the way, she'd do it a little harder than the time before. The third time, she shoved me so hard I spun across the stage and fell onto some "extras." Someone called me a blonde Lucille Ball.

[​IMG]

My character's character is supposed to be appaled. But because my character is Joan Crawford...or Bette Davis...or whatever we decided, I really don't care...so I'm giving a "Oh no...who cares" kinda look.

Character: Coshette's Assistant
    [​IMG]

This character always got a big laugh. I was this baffled costume designer's assistant. I had to come on stage carrying the black box for the "star" to stand on, and carrying a big gown for her to try on. I had to come onstage late, after "Coshette" had made her appearance and I had to come on looking like I couldn't carry another thing...and in reality I couldn't. And then I had to dilly dally with the gown, pretending I was wearing it...I got a lot of snaps and claps and AHEMs from "Coshette" and a lot of laughs from the audience.

Character: The Queen's Attendant
    [​IMG]

This was the scene where the "onscreen" lovers were discovered as "offscreen" lovers. I was like "SO! I've done it tons of times before."

[​IMG]

From the last scene. I'm discussing with several other "actors" how to get out of this stinking desert were in. I think there I'm asking The Queen how we need to ambush the director. We switched it up every night because we weren't the center of the scene. In the end, we made it out and went back to Hollywood were the Queen got her 5th divorce, I shaked up with my latest fling, even though I was still married, and our stars found true love with each other....it was a great play!

But that's all folks. That's all I've done. I've auditioned my butt off, but you know how the acting business is!

Thanks for looking! I just HAD to share my memories with someone!