I Want a Haut à Courroies (HAC) Please Help!

Hello Hermès lovers,
well latelly LV hasn't feed my needs so I have decited im ready for a Haut à Courroies (HAC) first of all im a guy! and im going to Hermès next month to buy a gator Collier de Chien (my first Hermès pice) so I wan't to have a desition by than so I have some questions for you so I won't sound like an illiterate at the boutique!
first what size should I go for? well to give you an idea im 5'11 bout 130 and heres a pic for refferance, I originally tought of the 40cm but I don't know if it might look like luggage for my size so im not shure if a 36cm would be the best choice for me, what I ask for you is if you have any of eather size to post modeling pics for comparison or tell me wich size is best for me?
lmdwc1.jpg

and next question what color and hardware should I choose well I allready have an idea I like both the Black color and the Brown one but not shure wich one I know you guys are gonna say black because of the masculine factor but I wan't you to forget that and just be honest! If you are comfortable with you'r sexuality a color shouldn't matter! I like the Brown better, also what's the apropriate name of the Color/Hardware of the bags shown in the picture both the brown and the black also what size and leather and hardware is the brown one in the picture?

clsl03vintagehermeszx8.jpg

and what type of leather should I choose? my choices are Togo and Clemance but don't know how they feel or if they sag too much or the duravility so please if you own or know about any of those too please inform me or recomend another type of leather and why I will ask at the boutique to have a look at their leather book but I wan't to have an idea of what I want first I like the leather of the brown one but don't know what kind it is?

and last what is the curren't prices of both the size's 36cm and 40cm in $USD I know the 40cm runs about $9000, and how long doe's the waitlist take for one or if there are any chances of one being abailable for sale in the states?

Thank you so much for you'r help in advanced :flowers:

xo

Hi Latinmalemodel,

You've got great taste. Good for you for wanting the best! I'd say stay away from Togo as in the larger sizes it sags LIKE CRAZY. Stick with a firmer leather. There's a video on this board somewhere of a guy who is a big Hermes afficionado (Silver?) and he has a gorgeous HAC that is quite large. I think the proportions of it are excellent for a man, not so feminine. Good luck, and let us know what you choose! Must post pics! :smile:

Thannx Lady, I'll keep you'r advice in mind, but the travel HAC Cameron Silver has its quite large maybe a 50? it looks big on him and he apears to be taller and heavier than me about 6'2 or so and 180pnds I would however like he's alligator HAC!

Thannx Lady, I keep you'r advice in mind, but the travel HAC Cameron Silver its quite large maybe a 50? it looks big on him and he apears to be taller and heavier than me about 6'2 or so and 180pnds I would however like he's alligator HAC!

Oooh, you're sending shivers down my spine! If you read some of my posts, you'll see I'm a total crocodile fanatic as well. There's something about those exotics that is so....well, exotic! Pure luxury.

The good thing is, you can almost always be guaranteed to walk into any Hermes and find three or four very large Birkins or HACs on the wall shelf, no problem.

S'mom, LOVE that pic! There's something about a muscular man in a suit..with Hermes that just drives me crazy!:yes: :heart: :love: :yahoo:

Quite possibly, LATINMALE.......have to agree with you. It would be difficult to use the large Kelly open like you could with the HAC. Also, the HAC is a great travel tote too.......

ok......HAC for you it IS!!!!!!

Oooh, you're sending shivers down my spine! If you read some of my posts, you'll see I'm a total crocodile fanatic as well. There's something about those exotics that is so....well, exotic! Pure luxury.

The good thing is, you can almost always be guaranteed to walk into any Hermes and find three or four very large Birkins or HACs on the wall shelf, no problem.

S'mom, LOVE that pic! There's something about a muscular man in a suit..with Hermes that just drives me crazy!:yes: :heart: :love: :yahoo:

now you are sending shivers down my spine! since I might walk out the Hermes store with a HAC:nuts:
I also wan't to own a Orange Glazed Crocodille HAC!

Quite possibly, LATINMALE.......have to agree with you. It would be difficult to use the large Kelly open like you could with the HAC. Also, the HAC is a great travel tote too.......

ok......HAC for you it IS!!!!!!

yay now I need to figure out wich leather doesn't sag like crazy even tough I don't mind the sagging but with time it might look like it's melting!
and wich color?

40cm Black HAC with Gold Brass HW
or
40cm Black HAC with palladium HW?

Gold is very elegant, formal, and timeless...

Palladium is fresh, racy, and modern...

What look do you want? Maybe you need one of both?? I have a 40 cm black togo birkin with PH (call her saggy!) and she needs a pillow in her to maintain any kind of shape every night, unfortunately doesn't keep it very long and doesn't stand up straight at all. She looks like a black togo grocery bag :sad: but I love her anyway...and she's great at shoving ten things into when I have to be out all day.

thought just came to me....box would be smashing on you! but it's very delicate..however, the worn, gleaming look of aged box is stunning, and is very appealing in a man's bag.

thought just came to me....box would be smashing on you! but it's very delicate..however, the worn, gleaming look of aged box is stunning, and is very appealing in a man's bag.

Do you have a picture of you'r 40cm Birkin? Id love to see Her sagging...
and I think Box would be too Fragile for me being a man and all:biguns: and isn't it a little shiny?