I 've had a bad week but I hit BIN.....

1. My 'First' Bbag!
    Last week I broke my pinky toe. I was supposed to go to BalNY on Tuesday but there was way too much traffic. I was stuck in traffic for more than 1hour & 30minutes before I gave up (I live in SI) When I got home I was sick in bed with the a nasty cold that still hasn't gone away. I guess this is a great way to end my week.

eBay: New Rare BALENCIAGA Leather Bag Handbag * F/W 06/07 (item 170051016256 end time Nov-17-06 15:15:27 PST)

Question
    What do you guys think? What should I look for when I receive it?
    -This is not an authenticity question. I mean what should I look for in the leather, the texture, yadda yadda yadda.

2. I'm so happy for you!!!!!! What a GORGEOUS Bbag you got! You deserve it after all you've been through lately! I think the leather looks wonderful. I don't know exactly what you mean when you say what to look for in the leather but it looks great to me!:smile:

3. Congrats! What a great way to wrap up an awful week.
    You certainly got one gorgeous new bbag. I love the rich caramel color. very pretty! :love:

4. I don't know what I mean either :p
    I hear people talking about their SA's pickin out the bags with the best leather & other people talkng about their bags being too veiny so I guess that's why I asked the question. I've never had a Bbag in my hands before.:shrugs:
    Anyway, thanks for being happy for me. I'm happy too!!:yahoo:

5. congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Does anybody know what I should expect from customs? I'm having the bag shipped to my parents house. The bag was 660 plus 25 dollars to ship from Italy.

7. It's all personal choice really, with regard to the leather. Some like it thick and non-veiny and some like it thin, veiny with a little sheen. I personally love all Balenciaga leathers. My Rouille is beautiful with medium thinkness leather with lovely white-ish veins, my Emerald is very soft and the veins are a little darker. My Greige is a little thicker again but not so veiny. I'd love to own variations of the leathers because they're all so beautiful.

8. It looks beautiful!! I agree that everyone is different.

9. Congrats on your bag. Sorry about your toe. Hopefully customs won't flag your bag.

10. I am sorry to be a party pooper... but ladies, if you scroll down the pics, do the bales look off to you? :confused1:

11. They look okay to me... why do you think they are off?

12. I thought the bales looked a bit rounded – can't see that slight indentation just before the two ends of the metal meet. But perhaps it is just the angle. The rest of the bags from this seller, e.g. the emerald First, have bales that look fine. I think it is just the angle of the photo – but wanted to be cautious.

13. It could be the angle of the pic... if you look at the third pic, the right bale looks like it has the dips

14. Nice find! I'm sorry about your toe. I broke my foot (5th metatarsal) in August. I had to wear this big boot thing for 5 weeks. It was miserable. I feel for you!!!:smile:

15. It's not my mind that needs easing... but I think it is just the angle on the photo, the other bits of bales poking out look okay and everything else looks fine. Sorry for any alarm caused to L_Rod.