I Use To Think Mickey Rourke Was So Hot

The thing that I think he has become most known for is for having so much, incredibly bad, facial cosmetic surgery. He was a beautiful looking man in his thirties when he was in Angel Heart, but I think as he started to age he started getting lots of surgery. He doesn't look quite so terrible now, but I saw him on TV maybe 10 years ago and he was the freakiest looking thing ever. He absolutely destroyed his looks. I think he has also addled his brain with drinks and drugs.

Mickey took a break from acting to box, but boxing mashed up his face. He went to a plastic surgeon(s?) to try to fix his face back up but ended up getting a hack job... He did not decide to get surgery for the heck of it, he was trying to do some repair work so that he could get back into acting.

The thing that I think he has become most known for is for having so much, incredibly bad, facial cosmetic surgery. He was a beautiful looking man in his thirties when he was in Angel Heart, but I think as he started to age he started getting lots of surgery. He doesn't look quite so terrible now, but I saw him on TV maybe 10 years ago and he was the freakiest looking thing ever. He absolutely destroyed his looks. I think he has also addled his brain with drinks and drugs.
You beat me to mentioning Angel Heart. That was quite a movie with Lisa Bonet (sp).... I thought he was a very powerful actor, but he really destroyed his looks with all that horrendous plastic surgery. According to some of his recent interviews, he was really down and out at one point, like just about homeless, but he pulled through.

I don't think Hugh Jackman was making fun of him... he was referring to the time delay that's necessary when celebs get curse happy during speeches, etc. and it was in good taste. If anything, he could have been really mean (about his outfit, for example, or who knows), but Hugh Jackman is a class act. :smile: It looks like poor Mickey is mildly depressed (not that you can diagnose something by looking at someone, but that's just my opnion)... he lost his dog recently (he wore a necklace with his dog's pic) and in his interviews, he comes off as lonely/sad. I'm really looking forward to seeing The Wrestler, because I'm sure he did an amazing job. :smile:

mickey rourke is cool and stays true to himself. he is who he is and doesn't care what people say. seacrest is a moron for making fun of his dog charm knowing how Mickey feels about his dogs

He was amazing in it, and what a movie! I can remember at the end, when the penny had dropped about his identity, him crying "I know who I am, I know who I am", totally broken- what an actor!

Oh my God,that takes me back..........I used to have THE biggest crush on him

I thought he was amazing in Angel Heart,I watched that film soooo many times,just brilliant.

images

Just did a google on him, and OMG I could never have linked him now with the before pics together, I finally know who he is NOW !!! :P

He used to be cute, and is not an entirely bad looking man even now. He had to have surgery as his face was so smashed up because of his boxing stuff... Did anyone watch his interview with Barbara Walters? It was so sad...:s