I TOTALLY chickened out on the Giant Hardware

1. I was all set to go pick up my EB GSH money wallet and I waitlisted last night for the matching EB Hobo..I just couldn't do it!! Like PowderPuff, I can't get past the thimble thing!! Soooooooooo, I put a deposit down for an EB RH Day and EB RH Money:wlae::wlae:
  2. You crack me up! I know what you mean, I tried so hard to carry a few gh bags, but it wasn't the same for me. I will probably still end up w/ one that has sgh somewhere down the road...

Hopefully my eb sgh money wallet will be here tomorrow!
  3. Oh, and I went the opposite way. I just received my first GSH Day bag (in jaune) and I am totally in love. I just can't stop staring. And I am on the waitlist for the EB GSH day and I can't wait.
  4. I need to see more pics of the EB with GSH!!!! But show us your pics when you get them!!! :smile:
  5. That wallet is stunning but I am soooooooooooooooo matchy matchy I can't mix the hardwares!! Someday I will step out of my box..:shame::shame:

6. I know what you mean! It looks great on everyone else, but when I look at it all i see are thimbles, or Reeses peanut butter cups!
  7. I agree - when I've tried them on they felt so "blingy" and not me. :shame:
    Maybe I'll get over it? :shrugs: but I totally chicken out too!
    Maybe we should start a RH support group!
  8. it seems like when I see one in the wild, I stare at it and drool... then I try one on at Barneys and I feel the heaviness and the metal...
    Simona, I agree, lets start a fear of GiANT HARDWARE REHAB CLINIC-:sweatdrop:
  9. Thimbles? Reese peanut butter cups? :roflmfao:

I love the look of GH but I cannot quite accept the weight it adds on...YET!!! So I am still shying away from GH unfortunately.

10. I thought so too stood infront of the mirror at Printemps and ended up once again with RH.
    That was before I madly fell in love with a certain SGH part-time in VF.
    Now I want more SGH but I realise that to me it's a bid more trendy and RH will always be my first love .
  11. Good to know, so you can stick to the RH. I'm also a RH person, but I do think the GH looks cool on some bags, like the travellers clutch and the gold/silver looks great on certain colors, but still the GH is not for me, no shame in that.
  12. I'm the same way. I tried to carry one but the noticable weight and the "blinginess" got to me. I love the way they look on certain bags and on our fellow PF'ers but it's just so not me. I was at NM yesterday and came across a PT and Day with GGH and they made the bag so much more drool worthy than if it was with RH. I tried the Day on and was surprised by how light it was compared to a City with GH and am "maybe" considering a Day with GH. I say that now but when the time comes, I'll probably chicken out and stick with something in RH.:s
  13. I am totally in love the GH and after buying my first city with rh, I then bought 2 city bags, bubblegum with GGH and Sky Blue with GSH and there is no way to tell how gorgeous these two bags are with the GH!! To me, the RH is more casual and the GH is a little more dressy. Anyone else feel this way??
  14. ^^^ I agree with you, the GH is more dressy. That is why I bought one, because my clothes are very simple and I don't wear bright colors so I wanted a bag that would dress up my outfit and add a little something extra. I am not into brightly colored bags so the GH is perfect for me.

However, I understand the hesitation by those who wear and love the RH. I think it has a very different look and vibe than GH and if you fell in love with bbags for their casual rocker chic look I can see why you would be hesitant to buy a bbag with GH. Luckily there is something for everyone!
  15. I know what you mean! Some PFers can carry off the GH, but there's no way I'll be getting one of those...at least not in bags(maybe in accessories someday if I'm brave enough)--it's just too much for me personally:smile: