I took the plunge - my first YSL - the Downtown tote!

1. Hi everyone!

Thanks to everyone who answered my question about the softening/structure of the bag. I was really on the fence about this bag, and had decided that I was going to pass on it...but, I kept thinking and dreaming about it, so I figure that I must really like it.

I just got back from NM and am proud to show off my first YSL - the Downtown tote in black! It is so soft ande yummy - and incredibly slouchy which makes me happy. :wlae:

My pictures are posted below...some of them are dark. I'm about 5'3" and 112 lbs and while it is a bit big, that's okay! That means I can carry more books with me and also work out my spindly arms...hehe.
    Picture 253.jpg Picture 255.jpg Picture 256.jpg Picture 258.jpg
  2. YEAH SuLi!!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

We're D.C. Downtown sisters! I just got mine a week ago, and I absolutely love it.

Yours is gorgeous and it looks great on you! The leather is lush and slouchy and sexy! ;) Is it the Large size?

I'm so happy for you!

What other YSL bags did you see at NM??? :graucho:
  3. Congrats. It looks great on you, you wont be disappointed with the downtown or YSL!
  4. Thanks for the compliments! :smile:

Cosmopolitan - I was at the Tyson's NM and they had quite a few Downtown totes available. They had mostly medium (which I what I got) - there was a bronze color, the new Fall green, white, and patent in black and deep purple. They had two large Downtowns - I think one was black. And, they had the stamped leather one as well.

All in all, they have a lovely selection of YSL there.

I can't wait to use the bag tomorrow!
  5. ^^^Enjoy your first day out with your Downtown!

And don't forget to post a pic in the YSL PHOTO RESOURCE at the top of the subforum. :yes:
  6. Congrats on your 1st YSL. Looks great on you, enjoy. =)
  7. gorgeous! looks very nice on you :smile:
  8. Congrats SuLi on your first YSL bag! I recently purchased my first YSL bag - Large Chocolate Muse. It's my favoriate bag right now! I'm so in love with my Muse! Downtown is next on my list.
  9. Beautiful choice!!!! Love it
  10. congrats on the new bag! its gorgeous and versatile. I have navy patent, and i love mine! I'm sure you will too!
  11. Congratulations SuLi. It is really beautiful. This is a style that has really grown on me to the point where I am contemplating colors right now. Thanks for the action shots. It really gives the bag perspective.
  12. Congrats, Suli!

It's gorgeous!
  13. TRIPLETS!!;) hehe

Looks great on you, congrats!!
  14. Lol, if I see somebody walking around with that Check Downtown, I'm gonna know its you, sammydoll. :ninja:
  15. congrats suli!!!! enjoy your gorgeous bag.:tup:

i am waiting for my black medium downtown to arrive from berlin...taking a while:sad:.