I took the plunge and now have a B-bag!

1. Well, fellow PFers, I was in New York last week and made the trek to BalNY and purchased my first B-bag--a City in Truffe. Since I'm from the West and have never seen a real B-bag in person, everything I've been reading here on the PurseForum was very helpful! I knew all the lingo and knew to ask for a box--I don't think they were planning on giving me one otherwise. I wasn't sure what color I wanted so thought I'd just look at what they had and buy one I liked.

My husband was with me which is good since it's going to be my Christmas present from him this year. I wasn't sure if he would like the bags but he loved them. He really liked the Truffe color. I was looking at the Grenat and Blueberry too which were beautiful but the Truffe seemed like the one. He also loved the tassles (I'm learning more things about him every day). The Truffe looked like an olive brown color to me but the SA said it was truffe and the brown color that I thought would be truffe ended up being the olive brown. The differences in the leather and the colors are truly amazing. The leather was different on every bag I looked at. My husband thought the leather was very thick and beautiful. To be honest, in my newbie state in the Bal world, I couldn't tell if the leather was thick or not but I do know I love the bag I purchased!

It is so true that you can't really tell what size you might like until you see them. I thought I'd want a First since the City dimensions seemed too big for me but after one glance I knew the City was for me. Also, I never thought I'd want a Twiggy but after seeing one, I think that's the next size I will buy.

Well, my purse is tucked about in its box waiting for Christmas. I'll try to take pictures if I can and post them. Sorry for the long post but thanks for letting me share. It's fun to share with others who love the same thing! :smile:
  2. Congrats ssm, it sounds like you had a wonderful shopping experience and how wonderful to share it with your husband! You said "To be honest, in my newbie state in the Bal world, I couldn't tell if the leather was thick or not but I do know I love the bag I purchased!" and it doesn't matter if the leather is thick or not, as long as you love it!

I wish you well,

3. Congrats... isn't it a nice feeling having your first BBag? I can't believe you are being good and not using it till Christmas. I get a new bag for X-mas, but it won't enter this house till X-mas eve. ehehhe I'm not trusted around new bags!
  4. How exciting, congratulations! I hope you can wait until X-mas!!!
  5. Congrats on your early Christmas present!! :yahoo: [​IMG]Your bag sounds absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see your pics! :flowers:
  6. Congrats!! I have no idea how you will wait until Christmas!!
    I know I could never wait!
  7. Congrats! Sounds like Truffe is a great color!
  8. Congrats, what a nice story. I'm happy for you!
  9. Congratz :yahoo:

Today, I got my first Bbag too, and I'm so in love with it!! Even my boyfriend who saw it today was telling me it was his favorite bag he has seen or felt ! :heart:
  10. Congrats that's so exciting! We'd love to see pics of your new truffe city! :yes:
  11. Congratulations! They are very addictive! Soon enough you will be wanting another color.
  12. Thanks for all the good wishes!! I definitely am strategizing on how to acquire more colors and styles. Having a husband makes things a little more complicated in the spending area. It's hard waiting until Christmas to use the bag but believe me I sneak it out and look at it a fair amount! There definitely is something very addictive about b-bags!! My birthday is in March... hmmmmm....
  13. Congrats ssm. I can't believe you are really going to wait until Xmas! Truffe is such a great fall color ...