I thinking...

Oh my...this forum is dangerous. Now I'm thinking about a 35cm Birkin but which color? I wear black so much. I am thinking about a shade of blue like indigo, brighton blue, blue roi. Which blue would look nicer with black or should I think more in terms of black or gold? I already have about four black bags, gold ostrich and rouge vif....suggestions please.

Brighton Blue!! or Turquoise!! I love the blues!!!! :heart:

I don't think you will have the Halloween effect wtih Potiron AT ALL. Potiron is a warm colour that just glows (you can tell I am a big fan). I think it would be just wonderful with black (and other colours too!!!). I think of it as a neutral colour 'with a twist'.

I've been thinking about lovehermes' question for the past two days. I was lucky enough to meet her last week and can assure you all that she is lovely, chic, and has absolutely fabulous taste.

As much as I love potiron, it would be too halloween-y on you. Gold is lovely, but too dramatic a statement. As lh saw, Rouge H is a good choice against black...very classic, very classy (ugh, I hate that word) but in my opinion not as exciting and chic as lovehermes deserves. Basically, I'm saying Rouge H is too traditional right now.

So what are my recommendations? Brighton Blue or Vert Anis. Vert Anis is clearly a sophisticated choice, and looks great year round. But Brighton Blue is probably my favorite, as it pops and yet creates a warm friendly feeling, despite its cool color tones. Does that make sense?

Please know I considered navy, raisin, all of the violets and reds, and completely rejected the neutrals (although I might revisit etoupe in the spring.) There you have it: my opinion! :bigwink:

I've been thinking about lovehermes' question for the past two days. I was lucky enough to meet her last week and can assure you all that she is lovely, chic, and has absolutely fabulous taste.

As much as I love potiron, it would be too halloween-y on you. Gold is lovely, but too dramatic a statement. As lh saw, Rouge H is a good choice against black...very classic, very classy (ugh, I hate that word) but in my opinion not as exciting and chic as lovehermes deserves. Basically, I'm saying Rouge H is too traditional right now.

So what are my recommendations? Brighton Blue or Vert Anis. Vert Anis is clearly a sophisticated choice, and looks great year round. But Brighton Blue is probably my favorite, as it pops and yet creates a warm friendly feeling, despite its cool color tones. Does that make sense?

Please know I considered navy, raisin, all of the violets and reds, and completely rejected the neutrals (although I might revisit etoupe in the spring.) There you have it: my opinion! :bigwink:

OH thanks Coco-nut for your kind words. Coco-nut is very sweet and beautiful and totally wears Hermes scarves and bags with class (yes, I love that word). I was at one time thinking about Vert Anis or some shade of blue. I just asked my SA about Brighton Blue but she didn't think I'd like it because it has violet in it...I'd have to see it in person. I have been thinking about Blue Roi too.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and honesty Coco-nut because I want this bag to be special and not something I might reject in the future.

OH thanks Coco-nut for your kind words. Coco-nut is very sweet and beautiful and totally wears Hermes scarves and bags with class (yes, I love that word). I was at one time thinking about Vert Anis or some shade of blue. I just asked my SA about Brighton Blue but she didn't think I'd like it because it has violet in it...I'd have to see it in person. I have been thinking about Blue Roi too.

Thanks so much for your thoughts and honesty Coco-nut because I want this bag to be special and not something I might reject in the future.
Do you have someone that knows you very well? When in doubt about a purchase, I ask my secretary. She shoots me down 90% of the time, but she's never steered me wrong. She knows my wardrobe better than I do at this point. She's familiar with the Hermes colors and has narrowed down my spectrum to maybe 5 colors, that's it, but they are colors I know will work and will not regret.

^ That's a good point. I ask my DH (after he has a glass of wine)...he is intimately familiar with my handbag history... I was discussing a BJ birkin with him and he looks at me like right (sarcasm)...and says "K, stick with black or neutrals...when have you purchased a blue, red, etc. bag that you have used more than a handful of times....how many times have you used your black bags"...