I think I'd like a black Birkin.........

Ah HA!!!!! Ok.....Angie......I'm going for "elegant older lady" as I slide into the second half of my life. Don't know if I can pull it off but I'm going to give it whirl. (have a serious situation with hair that looks like a shrub....don't know how elegant that is) So, what colors then are we talking about, here. Etoupe? Gold?

It's kinda funny that I'm beginning to wear more browns and blues than ever before. Still when you open the closet door you get hit with a sea of black jackets but the tide is turning.....slowly. LOL!!!!

S'Mom...It sounds like you may be a box girl at heart??? Another question... Do you have a black HAC??? If so...would this be in place of or in addition to the HAC???

What about box leather for your Birkin BUT in brown box, there's a Kelly you own, I can't stop thinking about it, in a glossy brown colour, is it a 32 marron box? anyway, it is so lovely , how about that in a Birkin? Or maybe reconsider VL again in black or perhaps noisette, it would give you some shine, not as much as box but also some grain, not as much as togo. I think VL was the original leather used in Hermes luggage so it would be great for every day or travel. I know VL isn't your favourite (I knew nothing about it when I got my Kelly but I love it and I'm not a fan of epsom, the two are very different, VL is very organic and has some suppleness and movement in spite of its lack of slouch)

Isn't your HAC doing it for you? If you were to get a black 30cm in whatever leather, when would you wear the HAC. The sizes are so similar and to do it again in black box??? I know I am the last person to talk about doing the same color, i.e. my red bag collection, but at least they are all different styles.

You ought to slow down and think about this.

I think Black looks beautiful in Swift w/GH if you want a softer texture than Box for your 30cm. I agree with Mizzle about Fjord. You could also try Clemence but that may be too similar to Togo, and I don't really see it on you. Wow, this leaves not too much except for maybe black box with GH which I think would suit you perfectly.