I think I have problems~

:amuse: Glad I'm not the only one that looks at pictures all day long! It's gotten so bad that the guys at work are making fun of me when they pass by my computer. If I hear the sentence - "Already looking for a NEW purse? Didn't you JUST get one?" ONE more time .. I am hitting him with my purse!:bagslap:

I did good tonite though - only looked on ebay - AND my handsome wonderful DH made a comment that stopped me in my tracks - "I think ONE more purse won't hurt you .. if it'll make your obsession slow down a bit .. as long as it's a SPEEDY since that's all you've been talking about." - I actually turned around and said .. who are you .. and what have you done with my husband?! :search:

So .. I decided to wait .. at least 2 full weeks ... to make sure that this is what I want .. before I go and start hunting down one.

Dang .. if I would have known years ago .. that all I had to do was obsessive and talk about something all the time .. and he'd let me get it ... I'd have been doing that ALL along!! :winkiss:

trust me....I totally get what your saying....Hahahahahah it happens to me allllllll the time.Some women (and men) seem cool here...but im sure there are plenty of us who do the same.Im guilty hahahhaa

I think this happens to everyone in the beginning - when a person just starts collecting handbags, her collection is relatively small and it feels like a whole new world has just opened up. I spent hours on here and elux trying to find out anything I could about LV. I wanted a new bag every minute. I got a new one each month for a few months and I started liking things I never expected to like. Now that I have a small base collection of handbags and accessories built up, I am trying to SLOW myself down so I don't go overboard and OD on LV. I am trying to take time to appreciate what I have. It will happen eventually, once your initial obsessing has run its course!

Your DH is so sweet and thoughtful --- the only thing he doesn't realize is that your obsession will continue to grow even more after getting a new Speedy! LOL You are very wise to make yourself wait 2 weeks. That takes a lot of willpower in my book! Good luck!

Your DH is so sweet and thoughtful --- the only thing he doesn't realize is that your obsession will continue to grow even more after getting a new Speedy! LOL You are very wise to make yourself wait 2 weeks. That takes a lot of willpower in my book! Good luck!

I'm not saying it's easy - I was just at LV.com - almost got the order - just had to click submit .. and I clicked the page off ..

I .. can .. not .. order ... now ... *repeating to myself in my mind*

I don't want to go hog wild .. thinking I want something .. but then realizing .. it's not really what I want .. I think I'll look around first .. I do know something .. I don't want to get anything else from ebay - the worry I went through with my speedy, Chanel (not from ebay but a lovely lady here in town) and LV agenda drove me insane!

Dang, I wish I had a LV boutique here in town. But then again .... would that just make it worse?! :graucho:

Peeking_around, that's some major willpower you've got there. I'm impressed! I went through the same thing about 3 weeks ago. And yes, I was on ebay, the LV website amd eluxury just about every minute. I too was totally obsessed. I found a magazine ad of the bag I wanted and posted it on the bulletin board above my desk. When I finally realized I could swing the new bag financially, well I couldn't settle down to work for a whole day! Now that I have the bag and realizing dam* that was a lot of $ for a bag, well, I've finally settled down. I'm saving $ for my next bag (don't know what yet) that I will probably wait to buy in the spring. So I totally understand what you're going thru.
MY advice is yes, wait two weeks, play with your new pretties and truly enjoy them. Then if you're still obsessing - go for it. You can always buy it from E-Luxury and admire it for for a few days before deciding to return it (not likely) or wear it (more likely). It sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders, you'll obsess, but your kids won't go hungry.

Hehehehee your obsession has begun :graucho: Just take it slowly and you'll get there. I felt the same way earlier this year when I started falling for LV. Now I have my mind set in building my collection with specific pieces that I will use for different purposes.... good luck and have fun browsing the visual aids and clubhouse forums... its addicting! :love:

LV is super addictive! I got my 1st LV item - monogram lockit in April this year in Paris, then when I went down to my local LV store to look at the bags again, I started with a damier speedy 30 and can't stop since!
Now I got a total of 9 LV bags! The latest being yesterday - Mini lin saumur and Papillon damier 30..
Is this sinful or wad..

I know, it's awful when it gets like that and all you can think about is the bag you want. I blame the internet, I never had these problems before!

Take me for example, bought a :heart: damier speedy 30 on Saturday and Sunday night I was online ordering a matching agenda and mono pouchette-Its a sickness, I fear it will be the end of me (possibly by my partners hand ;))

I'm not saying it's easy - I was just at LV.com - almost got the order - just had to click submit .. and I clicked the page off ..

I .. can .. not .. order ... now ... *repeating to myself in my mind*

I don't want to go hog wild .. thinking I want something .. but then realizing .. it's not really what I want .. I think I'll look around first .. I do know something .. I don't want to get anything else from ebay - the worry I went through with my speedy, Chanel (not from ebay but a lovely lady here in town) and LV agenda drove me insane!

Dang, I wish I had a LV boutique here in town. But then again .... would that just make it worse?! :graucho:

Yep, that'll make it worse. LOL I have 4 LV boutiques within reasonable driving times (20 minutes or so) and it's really hard to stay away. Sometimes I go in, try on a few bags, talk to my SA, and then leave. But the obsession is always there. It's crazy!

Thanks all. :smile: It's reassuring to know I'm not the only obsessive one -

So glad I found these forums .. it's almost like finding a support group - but .. a support group that enables my habit. :tup: