I think I got A Fake

moi et mes sacs

Science Geek!
O.G.
Sep 22, 2007
Sorry to bore you all with the same story you keep reading every day. I got a great bag I was after on ebay and received it today. I posted pics on authenticate....its a Miu Miu and there is a high level of uncertainty as all looks good except....wait for it....the 'Made In China ' label in the pocket. The seller has assured me she bought it from a great department store but I get a bad feeling....made in china????
So I might go in to show it to Miu Miu but then what? Should I just ask for a refund????

Well, before you jump to anything, get it authenticated first. Did you post it in any auth this posts? If not, you might want to try that *unless Miu Miu is close by to authenticate this for you. If it ends up being a fake, I would file a SNAD and ask for a refund. I'd not wait around on this, but take action early!

HTH for what its worth. I've not personally gone thru this, so others will surely have more (and better) advice.

Well, before you jump to anything, get it authenticated first. Did you post it in any auth this posts? If not, you might want to try that *unless Miu Miu is close by to authenticate this for you. If it ends up being a fake, I would file a SNAD and ask for a refund. I'd not wait around on this, but take action early!

HTH for what its worth. I've not personally gone thru this, so others will surely have more (and better) advice.
yes I did try on authenticate miu miu prada...spend a lot of time there. No real conclusion as it all seems ok except for the tag...

I'm no Mui Mui expert, but I find it's hard to believe that Mui Mui is made in China. I own a few Mui Mui products and all of them are made in Italy.

I would get it authenticate ASAP. There's a possibility that it's a fake.

I have lots of Miu Miu bags and they all say Made In Italy. The seller just sent me this:
Hi you are worrying over nothing I can assure you that I HAVE PURCHASED IT FROM SELFRIDGES like I have said please take it to a reputable genuine seller and they will confirm this

Can you not bring it to a Miu Miu store & get it authenticated by them? It's better than guessing about it..

I don't believe that Miu Miu manufactures in China! The bags that I have aren't at least..

I think we'd be surprised & disturbed to find out what is made in China.
In many cases,bags are made there, then shipped to either France or Italy, where they are inspected, then the "made in China" tags are removed.
Let us know what happens with your bag!