I think he's leaving me soon...

I am soooooooooo sorry to hear abt jimmy, hrm, i duno wht to say. it makes me sad reading it.. anyways, jus wana wish you and your family all the very best. and to jimmy, you r soo brave!! big hugs to you and jimmy..

I was deeply saddened to hear that little Jimmy's health has taken a turn for the worse. It's heartbreaking to watch their decline and I suppose it is somewhat comforting to know that his passing will be easy. We worry so much about your little loved ones. Having lost my 15 yr.old KeeKee 5 weeks ago, I still mourn for him...but it does get easier with time. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your loved ones, Jimmy included.

(I adopted Amy last week from the Humane Society...thanks so much for your kind words. She is a real sweet girl)

I'm so sorry! Your post made me tear up but Jimmy is so lucky to be spending his last days with you and your DH, and to be able to cross over peacefully, at home . . . My thoughts are with you and your family!

Dear All,

Jimmy has passed away on the 24th of January at 9.30am peacefully.

He passed away in the car quietly while DH drove him to the vet. His heart stopped 10mins before arrival at the vet's. DH thought he was asleep(He looked exactly like my signature pic) when he reached the vet, didn't even know he had left the world... He'll be cremated on Monday afternoon and we might send his ashes to be made into a diamond as keepsake or just scatter his ashes back to the sea....

Thank you all for your kindness and concern for Jimmy, we are sad to see him go but we had many, many wonderful memories of him and he would leave us one way or another.

I need to stop now because I am feeling a bit shaky at the moment. Again, thank you all very very much for your kind words all this while. DH and I have decided to make a collage of all the pics we've got of him, maybe I'll post it up sometime soon for all of you animal-loving tPFers.

God Bless You all...

Aw, I'm so sorry, Itsabagslife. You may have seen my thread earlier this month that I lost my beloved Sam. Take comfort that Jimmy passed quietly in his sleep. I had so hope for that for Sam, but it was not to be. I'll spare the details, but it was not pleasant and even happened at 2:00 in the morning on January 5th.

The thing that helped me the most was going to the Rainbows Bridge website and setting up a residency page for Sam. We got so many wonderful emails and comments in Sam's guest book. It was also so cathartic for me to sit down and write about all the good times. If you have your preferences set to show signatures, you can just click the link in mine and it will take you to Sam's page. There is a fee to use the residency page, but the money goes to homeless animals, so it's also a worthy cause.

Let the tears flow, but be sure to spend lots of time talking about the good times you had with Jimmy. :flowers:

I'm so sorry. But I know he had a wonderful life with you and you family. I think it's a great idea that your DH is making a collage of him, it will help you remember all the happy times you've had with him. My thoughts are with you and you family. Remember, msn me anytime if you need to talk!

I am so sorry to hear Jimmy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge to be with the other loved animals who have gone before him. My Roscoe and Tassie will be there to great him and show him the ropes. If you want to do something sort of special (but bring tissues) go to Pet Loss Grief Support, Rainbow Bridge, Monday Candle Ceremony, and do the live candle ceremony on Monday nights. I think there is on Sunday as well. It is very powerful.

If you want to do something sort of special (but bring tissues) go to Pet Loss Grief Support, Rainbow Bridge, Monday Candle Ceremony, and do the live candle ceremony on Monday nights. I think there is on Sunday as well. It is very powerful.

DH and I did that the first Monday after Sam died. It was sort of like a funeral service to me. I only did that first Monday, then that was it for me. It was very special though and helped me a lot.

And bring tissues is right. :crybaby:

aww i am so very sorry for your loss itsabagslife. i felt so sad reading all your posts today. i'm glad that at least Jimmy had his family next to him in his last minutes. my thoughts and prayers are with you, Jimmy, and your family. *hugs*

I'm sorry to hear that Jimmy passed away.

Be at ease to know that he at least passed away peacefully and without pain.

I'm sure it'll be tough to get used to not hearing or seeing Jimmy around the house. It'll take some time.

The collage sounds like a lovely idea.

Take care!

I'm so sorry to hear - something told me to check in here today, now I know why. I can't put into words how I feel, especially since I have 3 "anniversaries" all coming up in the next week. All I can say is that as time goes by you cry less, and smile more, but the empty space in your heart will always remain. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Believe me, Jimmy has some great company up at the Rainbow Bridge!:heart: