I think a buyer is try to scam me.

1. A buyer with 1 feedback purchased several of my LVs listed, paid me immediately with unconfirmed paypal. My auction clearly states Paypal with confirmed and verified address only, no exceptions. I checked her bidding history and she has bidded and won several LVs but I noticed from her 1 feedback that the 4 purchases she made from that 1 seller are all .99 cents auctions. I think I smell something not too legit her. I tried contacting the other sellers to see if they accepted payment but I can't because I don't have any transaction dealing with them and they don't have other auctions that I can reach them thru. I mean I can be wrong too, she may be honest but I guess you can never be too careful these days.

What do you guys think? It upsets me when these bidders don't read the auction carefully, or maybe just trying to play dumb.
  2. I wouldn't risk it. Issue refunds and ask the buyer to confirm their address and resubmit the payment so you have some coverage. You still won't be protected completely from chargebacks, but at least you'll get Paypal seller protection.
  3. Yes, I immediately refunded her payment. How would I not be protected by chargeback? If paypal is confirmed am I not covered for protection? Please advice. Thank you.
  4. If you are a powerseller, paypal is supposed to start offering seller protection to unconfirmed addresses. They were supposed to start in Feb. but I am not sure it has started yet, I would call paypal and check.
  5. I believe Paypal seller protection does not cover disputes for SNAD (significantly not as described). A chargeback is when the buyer opens a dispute through their credit card company. I've never had this happen to me, but have read lots of horror stories here on this very board. Hopefully someone else can shed some more light on how we are susceptible to fraud anytime we accept Paypal. Check out this thread too: http://forum.purseblog.com/ebay-forum/seller-gives-buyer-instruction-how-scam-seller-ebay-246030.html
  6. Hmm...this does not sit well with me, I would not take a chance either.
  7. Ok, I emailed her and she said she will have her paypal confirmed by Friday with the bank (she paid by instant payment).

Now my other concern is that the name she has with eBay and payment name is totally different including last name.

If she is confirmed with paypal, do you think there will be any problems with this? I usually don't have a problem with this issue with my regular auctions but this is LV.