I sold a purse, but the buyer is super suspicious...what do you suggest?

1. I sold a bag yesterday on eBay. The buyer just joined yesterday, has an 'interesting' user name, and their address is 666 hwy to hell...

I sent an invoice. Do I contact eBay right away though...to ask their thoughts? I have serious doubts this buyer is for real.(duh) how long do I wait until I hear from them and relist it?

This is weird. People are weird, huh? Why would you have that much time on your hands to carry on like that???
    TIA,
    mshel

2. I don't know, but you can't really do anything until 7 days anyhow.
    Why not just assume the best and give them a few days. . . it's only been 1 right?

3. What state are located in,I'll check it with a map & streets locator.

4. Can I give their user name to you all?
    They are in CA

and I didn't know about the 7 days. I'm so bad about the necessary 'technical' reading...thanks Swank!

5. no, please don't reveal their ID here.

6. You have to wait 7 days to relist and file non-paying-bidder. When this happened to me I sent an invoice on day 1, a reminder on day 3, and I was going to send a second reminder on day 5 or 6. Luckily the first reminder did the trick.

7. Well, like Swank said, it's been a big, whopping day...but it's just a weird name, then there's the address, the fact they joined right before bidding on my bag. I'll wait a few and see if they contact me.
    swanky, is that your daughter? Too precious...

8. Weird indeed,when I did that address search it kept coming up hwy to the stars,CA :smile: :rolleyes:

9. THanks, Cat! ;)

10. If sounds like a phony account, you can contact the eBay trust & safety department without having to wait the 7 days. Make sure you save your listing or schedule a relist for a later date as if it is a trust & safety issue that original listing will vanish into thin air.
    You can also go to goofbay.com and see what else the bidder has been buying/bidding on.
    Good luck!

11. report to ebay and livehelp, this is a scammer, tell ebay they have invalid contact info, they'll get NARUed right away

12. it IS very curious! Sounds like a made up addy. . .

yeah, that's my girl:love: thanks!

13. Thanks Joo...thanks everyone. I"m going to send a message to eBAy.

14. No, it doesn't sound right. But maybe just wait a few days to see what happens. Let us know how it goes - I'm really interested to know if eBay will do anything!

15. I started the process to notify eBay...but between my kids interrupting me and the hoops I felt I was going through just to notify them of an iffy seller...I just gave up.
    I sent an invoice, sent an email...have heard nothing. I'll wait a few more days just until the 7 days are up, then relist it (that's correct, right...just relist after 7...I don't have to contact eBay, right?)
    I'm not going to leave them any feedback either...