I SAW IT! (My Gray Nimbus synopsis!)

1. ***Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this post isn't necessarily the opinions of the PF and its members. LMBO!!!

Okay, so for two months I've dreamt about the day I would come face to face with the Anthracite Nimbus PM. I purchased my Beige Stratus PM over the summer and fell in love with the cloud line! I loved the Nimbus too, but felt the bag was too big, plus the Ecru was too light (and I didn't want two bags in Beige). So when I heard that the fall season would bring a Nimbus PM in two grays...well, you can imagine my delight! Which brings me to TODAY! My SA called and told me they got the Nimbus in Perle, so I went down to take a look! And??? It's a no-go! =( First, the Nimbus PM is small...smaller than I expected. It is spacious inside and would fit all my stuff, BUT this smaller version loses it's hobo-sag effect and appeal. The drop is okay, but the larger version hangs so nicely, where the PM...not as nice. And I don't know why, but I think the GM is cuter! And maybe because the color is darker, the GM version no longer looks HUGE to me. It's just right. One more thing about the PM (a good thing), the price is $1940! Anyhow, I am going to get the GM...which means I'm going to spend another $610 I didn't expect (the Nimbus GM is still $2550 plus tax). If my DH knew I am planning to spend the extra $610 for the GM, I think he would crap. So I'll do him a favor and not tell him. lol And if he finds out, I'll tell him, "Honey, I'm sorry...and I'm sorry not because of what I've done, but because I got caught!" lol Anyhow...on to the color. I was not able to see the Anthracite because they did not get any in yet. But at this point, I'm also switching colors! The Perle is much darker than I expected. In my mind, I was thinking the Perle would be like a heather gray and the Anthracite would be like an elephant gray, when in reality the Perle is more the elephant gray. It also has a strong blue undertone. It is...quite gorgeous!!! I can't imagine what the Anthracite will look like, but to say it will be more of a steel gray. But since my idea was to get a gray bag, I'm going to get the Perle. So, what I thought would be the Anthracite Nimbus PM for $1940...turns out to be the Perle Nimbus GM for $2550. I still have to swallow dishing out the extra $$$, but I am SO excited!!! I will pick it up on Saturday and will take lots and lots of pics! :yahoo:
  2. oo and so it begins!

I can't wait to see some pics!!
  3. WOWOWOW!!!! Thanks for the update! I can't wait to see the real life pictures!
  4. thanks for sharing!

i like your way of thinking!
  5. can't wait to see pics! I am dying to see the new colors. I was hoping the PM would be nice since I felt the GM was too big for me. That's a bummer as I don't want to have to shell out the extra $$ either!
  6. i'm sooooo glad you posted this as i've been waitlisted forever for it! i put myself down for the perle first and then the anthracite because i thought the perle will be too light but after reading your post, i think i'll stick with perle! thanks so much for your input! :smile:
  7. Ooh, how exciting!
    The cloud line is wonderful - bit above my budget, unfortunately.

I can't wait to see the pics!!
  8. It sounds BEAUTIFUL...can't wait to see your pics!
  9. You make me worried !! :sweatdrop: J/k

The thing is..when you said the PM looks small, it made me thought that should I get the GM instead..

Could yout tell me the size of PM compare to any LV bags, which one is about the same size?
  10. WOW!!! Thanks so much for sharing!! Can't wait to see photos!!
  11. Meeju, I read in another thread that it was smaller than expected. So this morning, I went into Louis Vuitton with that expectation in the back of my mind...and well, it was smaller than the "smaller" in my mind. lol Maybe some people will like it. I did not like the size for me. I was hoping for just a tad bit smaller than the GM...like a couple inches overall. Anyhow, it's gorgeous regardless. The color is TDF!!!
  12. I can't wait to see the Pics :nuts:
  13. So excited for you! Congrats!!
  14. CONGRATS! I can't wait to see pics!
  15. Is the difference anything like the difference between Onatah bags?