I said a funny thing about handbags out loud this Friday night!

1. I was in the bathroom @ a bar with my girlfriend, barely two cosmos in, it was a light night....anyway, one of the girls she was talking to (I think she worked with her) was saying she was going to a "purse party":sick: So the idiot that I am like word vomit yells out I HATE fake bags:wtf: we were all kinda being silly anyway so no one really seemed to take offense, but the one girl was saying how she can't afford real coach bags or whatever:confused1: I don't know about you, but I, unfortunately, have been to one of these purse parties before, for my girlfriends daughter (of course did not buy anything) anyway I thought the prices were VERY high, they wanted like over $100 for a tiny fake coach bag! I think these people are just unaware, you could soooo go to a coach outlet and at least get a real bag for a similar amount of money! I think some of these people are sooooo mislead, it's upsetting. And if you can't afford to spend a little more money on something real isn't it silly to waste $100's on something that is essentially worthless?? Grrrr:hysteric: Anyway, I decided to just walk away and not say anything more that night because I know they wouldn't have listened or understood my side.

2. 100 bucks for a fake Coach??? That´s insane. The fake bags break apart so soon that the amount of money they are willing to pay is moronic.

3. totally agree with you here:yes: ....FIRST RULE...if you cant afford to buy the real thing DONT buy a fake. There are so many cute bags out there that arent branded. No point pretending...I think. People would respect you more. JMO:shrugs:

4. I know! I couldn't believe how high these prices were at these things, I felt like telling the girls there to take a bus to NY, and you could buy that for $20, maybe even less! These purse party people totally take advantage of girls in my area, they just aren't as aware of things like this.

5. this is what i always say when people use that " i can't afford a real one" excuse.:rolleyes: think about the bags like cars. if you can't afford a mercedes do you stick the benz symbol on the hood of your honda? you're not fooling anybody and you look stupid.:yes: just buy what you can afford. no one will judge you, just because you carry a no name. JMO

6. :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

7. LOL:lol: that was great! Yeah, I think it's much more respectable to carry a real Guess or Banana Republic bag than a fake anything...I just don't get it:confused1:

8. Or an H&M bag! They do cuuute inspired bags with a little teeny price so everyone should be able to afford those instead of fakes.

9. yeah i totally agree that if you cannot afford the real one, dont get the fake one. you'll be guilty for life.

10. Ditto!! LOL

11. Fakes Are For Fakes!

:noggin:

that "i can't afford the real thing" excuse makes them even more pathetic.... have pride, stick to your means :yes:

12. :roflmfao: so true!!!

13. Once you own the real deal fakes are just so nasty and not to mention cheap looking. I do not judge because not everyone can afford a 2k bag and I feel very fortunate to be in a position to save for luxury items...not all girls are that lucky so, we should not judge them until we have walked in there shoes. For myself I am super picky and would rather carry a Banana Republic or Coach handbag over a fake LV or Gucci. Buy what you can afford but, make it real. Fakes are tacky tacky tacky.

14. i have a friend who buys fakes (from purse parties) and then she carries them a couple of times (or not at all) b/c i think she knows they're fake and she just won't carry them. so, i don't know why she even buys them!

15. Impulsive purchases..? :shrugs:

Well, I guess she was kinda blinded by the "great deals" at the moment... You know how many of us would be tempted to buy stuffs during sales... :p Then after that the guilt in her was unbearable that she might be embarrassed to carry the bag. She might be able to fool some people but not herself... :rolleyes: Anyway, what a waste of money... A few of those bags could actually get her one gorgeous authentic designer bag..!