i really need your support and advice, my fellow tPFers

MandM said:
I'm afraid I don't really have any great advice, but just wanted to say that I was thinking of you and hope things get better -- that's a very hard situation.

Nothing is worse than that lonely, lost, empty feeling that comes when you can't see or talk to the one person that you really miss. But it does eventually let up.

I guess I would say to NOT date other people, at least for a few months to see if you can work things out. It seems like it would at least be worth exploring the idea of long distance rather than simply ruling it out and dating others.:flowers:

I agree. :yes:

Yes, long distance relationships are hard, but not as hard as breaking up from your true love.

Try the long distance relationship; if it doesn't work, what have you lost? Surely, you'll just be back in the same situation that you are now?

If you don't try, you'll never know if it could have worked, or not.

IMO, most college guys may have an idea of what they want for themselves in the future but are not ready to go ahead & make a long term commitment.

Have fun, be young & enjoy each other. You won't have any other time in your life like you are having now.....Keep your connection with him strong & simply enjoy ~ don't let any expectations rule your heart.

Most importantly.....be available, but let him chase you :girlsigh:

Long distant relationship may be hard but you will never know what will happen to both of you if you don't try. Don't give up on him. Have a talk with him about it and see where both of you want this relationship to go to. It's hard to find "the one" and when you do, don't let him go. 2 years can go by fast especially when you're in school.

I just to add one thing Amanda.. if you are destined to be with him, believe me time will fly and u two will find away to each other.. wish u guys all the best.. i think u should keep this thread open and update on regular basis!!!

I so feel for you! I haven't been in this situation myself but one of my best friends has. The upshot is after a long (three year) distance relationship they are finally together - and I went to their wedding last August.

I know it sounds corny but I truely believe if you are mean't to be together you will. It is not going to be easy but if its mean't to be you will end up together

I do agree however you need to finish School - thats really important - and its only a year isn't it? It will fly by.

Good luck and I really hope it all works out:flowers:

I met my husband and stayed with him for 17 days, and then decided to fly back home to California. It was the hardest decision ever. He was going to go and study computers and I was enrolled in my first year of college.
After one day I said to heck with it. I packed up my car, borrowed money from my parents and drove to California to be with him.
7 years later we're still together.
It worked. I went back to school...he continued in the same field.
Now I'm in a PhD program at a top 20 university (in a completely different field than where I was going to go originally) and he's climbed up the ladder and is happy at his job. We have a house, a dog, the toys we love.
Who knows what direction life will take you. I personally couldn't have done the long distance thing....and if we had tried to I would've been devastated if he had dated someone else.
I say follow your heart...everything else you are talking about are opportunities can come again later...whereas this opportunity with him may be once in a lifetime!
JMHO
On the other hand....maybe try to make it work long distance for 2 years (with a no-dating other people rule)....and if it can't survive that then that may be a heads up that it might not have survived the rigors of a lifelong relationship together.

Amanda, I will say this to you-when it is meant to be it will happen regardless of time and distance. I married the love of my life 18 years after we broke up-very long story but just have faith in that if this is THE ONE it will be! Vlad and Megs gave the best advice on how to deal with a long distance relationship I dont know much about that but I do know about fate and love and I think most of the married PFers will agree with me that you just KNOW when you have met him and it sounds to me like you may have:love: hang in there, sweetie :heart: