I put all my eggs in the Magenta basket, and I'm DISAPPOINTED.

i too got the LE RH magenta and i am in LOVE with that bag. honeslty if i were to go back in time and get to choose either the LE 07 or the magenta 05 off the shelf i would have grabbed the LE! the color is awesome! it's like no other color i have seen before, it's got the most amazing purple undertones and it's so saturated. i have seen people sell their LE because they ended up finding an 05 magenta and i think it's kinda silly to be honest, it's like they don't care if the LE is better they just want something that everyone else wants. i don't know, that is just my opinion. i have had the chance many times to get an 05 magenta city in brand new condition and haven't, it doesn't compare to the LE. and neither does the 08, it's not even close in color. hope that helps! your LE should be a keeper!:supacool::tup:

Hey Everyone,

I think a few things are really bothering me and I'm wondering if anyone feels the same way.

I ordered the 07 LE magenta city hoping that it would be exactly like 05 magenta. I realize now that this was a silly and unrealistic expectation, because, as we have seen, the 07 LE magenta is a flatter colour than the original, vibrant 05. Yet, despite my disappointment over the colour, I was happy knowing that I had a LE bag, with gold hardware at that.

However, now that I've seen pictures of the 08 magenta, I can't see what makes the 07 LE magenta unique: the 08 magenta looks to be very, very similar in colour to the 07 LE magenta. In addition, I would assume (based on the pictures of the 08 magenta that I saw) that Balenciaga is making the 08 magenta in the city style, and with giant gold hardware as well.

From which stems the burning question: How different will my 07 LE magenta city with GGH look from the 08 magenta city with GGH?

Not very, I'm thinking. :crybaby:

I don't mean to open this can of worms all over again (because I know the colour of the 07 LE magenta was discussed to death), but I guess I just feel ripped off. :crybaby:

*sigh*

I just don't know what to do. Should I sell it? I saw an LE magenta GSH on eBay, and nobody has touched it.

I'm just so disenchanted and disappointed that I feel like crying.

$1500 is a lot of money to spend on a bag, especially on my student budget, and this feeling of disappointment with my purchase is just overwhelming, and unprecedented at that.

Please offer me suggestions, and try to help me feel better. :crybaby:

Thanks everyone.

it's honestly quite different! ~ i have an le which i :heart: ~ i have also seen the new 08 madge & it is much much paler & pinkier & all the leathers i have seen are finer & very marbled compared to my thick & smooth le bag ~ having said that i think the 08 madge is v pretty & i am contemplating a first ~ :girlsigh:

I guess it is all a matter of what color of Magenta you prefer- 05, 07 LE, or 08~~They are all beautiful to me...I recently purchased an 08 (which most seem to dislike compared to the earlier Mags) but it is most versatile in my wardrobe. So, just make sure YOU love your Mag and enjoy her:yes:

I'm so sorry that you're feeling let down- it's an awful feeling when you feel like you've been ripped off and/or let down, especially when your expectations are high. And especially when the price tag is just as high!! I can totally understand. That being said, I agree with what everyone's saying here-
instead of comparing your bag, take a step back and see if you like your bag for itself. If not, then maybe try selling it. But perhaps if you re-examine the bag w/o comparing, you'll fall in love again!! :love: