I need some urgent help!! a birkin I couldnt resist!!

Chloe, I second Gigi's word of wisdom. Selling an expensive bag is not an easy task and there are certainly many pitfalls you'll have to look out for.

Personally, I think that if purchasing this Birkin is causing you a lot of distress AND furthermore, you'll have to go into debt, don't do it. I'm obsessed with Birkins like anyone here in this sub forum but you've got two stunning Birkins. Use and treasure them well. After all, it's not about amassing a extensive collection in record time.

I may be reading between the lines, but it sounds like you would like us to talk you out of this birkin purchase... If you have any hesitation, wait...enjoy the fabulous birkins you have currently and wait until time is right for the next...

I agree, don't get it if you're not sure... did you figure out which red it is yet?

I remember having doubts about passing on some colors like etoupe, gold and blue this year... but my heart was really set on red (I have a thread with Garance's color in clemence if that helps). Although I had to pay a markup, I'm sooo happy that I have a red in the specs I liked, and I don't have the stress of trying to off-load a Birkin I only had lukewarm feelings for.

I think it's actually quite hard to sell high-end bags unless you have a "reputation" already... there have been some Birkins that looked nice on eBay, but I hesitated on those since they weren't on the "recommended" reseller list, KWIM?

I agree about selling the bag - it could be difficult and you'll probably end up losing several thousand.

I really think you cannot look at these bags as investments, rather they are something to be used and enjoyed. Also, I think that you should only buy the bag if you can pay cash and have some savings set aside. Life can be unexpected and its important to be financially comfortable.

If the bag is to be purchased though I still think its better to put the purchase on a credit card rather than owe your boyfriend that kind of money. Just my opinion.

^ Chloe - It sounds lovely - that's the color I just bought, but in a 35cm! The thing I'm iffy on is the Epsom since I don't like that leather, and also that you don't actually have the money to pay for one now. Good luck with your decision!