I need some opinion on the laptop... is the apple laptop user friendly?

This is just not true. I get that you're a mac fan girl, but you don't have to spread bad information. iTunes works very well with both Macs and PCs. I however, don't care for the proprietary and DRM coding that goes hand in hand with iTunes.

But isn't Vista having problems with integrating with the iPod? My husband said that's why he's holding off on buying a new PC -- until they get that ironed out.

My husband is a PC guy, but I'm a Mac girl all the way. I've been using a Mac since 1989 when they had 9" black and white screens, no hard drive and 1 meg of ram. True story.

Now I'm using a PowerBook G4, but I expect I'll get a new one later this year or next (mine doesn't have the Intel chip in it).

i recently had the option to switch to mac and i stuck with windows. my roommate has a macbook pro and i use macs a lot in the labs at school (since i'm in a major that requires a lot of visual design, we use macs), and i just don't like them that much. sure, they're beautiful, and you can do all the same stuff with them (more or less), but i don't find windows to be problematic for me, i can do everything i want with it and more, and it gives me a much greater selection of manufacturers and available features from which to choose. i also don't really like the mac interface, a lot of it seems counterintuitive to me. maybe that's because i'm so used to windows, but i don't see how the cons outweigh the pros.

But isn't Vista having problems with integrating with the iPod? My husband said that's why he's holding off on buying a new PC -- until they get that ironed out.

i just got a vista laptop and haven't had any issues running itunes, downloading songs, etc. according to apple, the only things left to be ironed out are very small.

Right, and also, it seems like people are mad at MS for having a few issues with Apple software. It's not MS's job to get software to work with it, rather the software developers job to program for various operating systems. Vista has been in development for how long...and Apple hasn't been able to iron out their issues (the few minor issues some users had)? Software companies get beta trials of operating systems months before their release so that they can ensure their software works properly with it. So, if any company, Apple, Adobe, Creative, etc etc, has software that's buggy, it's their own fault.

This is just not true. I get that you're a mac fan girl, but you don't have to spread bad information. iTunes works very well with both Macs and PCs.
It is true. I have iTunes 7 on my Macs and PC. If you visit iLounge (iTunes plus iPod enthusiast forum), the most upgrade problems, freezing, etc were on iTunes for Windows. You have to remember that iTunes for Windows is a different program. It is more likely that you will have iPod recognition problems on iTunes for Windows than iTunes for Mac. Forget about Vista.

It's not MS' "problem," but that's irrelevant. The truth is that the best music software for Windows doesn't work with the iPod, and the iPod integrates superiourly with a Mac.

I'm sorry, but anyone who claims that iTunes for Windows is just as stable as iTunes for Mac is delusional or lacks experience. iTunes for Windows has always been more buggy, even before iTunes 7.

I think I take more issue with the way you present your info. You make it sound as if iTunes hardly works on a PC and obviously, that's not true. I know tons of people that use iTunes and it works prefectly fine, just like I know lots of people who use Macs and have issues with iTunes. That doesn't mean I'm gonna run around telling people that iTunes is buggy on a Mac. Sure, you can go to iLounge and see people who have problems, but what else would you expect to see? "iTunes works flawlessly on my PC...just giving everyone a heads up"? No, people go to forums like that when they have problems, so saying that since PC people over there have problems, therefore the software is buggy, is quite skewed. I mean, if you want, I can go pull some threads about people having issues with their Macs...and I'm sure you know, the pool to pull from is quite large.
Each person's PC is different and iTunes might conflict with other software (this goes for a Mac too). Personally, I've had very minimal issues with my PC that I've had for 6 years or so (upgraded as needed). It's on 24/7 and I've gotten 1, yes 1 virus in those 6 years. If you want to take a quote from Apple...my PC, it just works.
To address your last statement...of course it will work slightly better on a Mac. It's apple software on an apple computer. But the vast, vast majority of people will no issues with iTunes on their PC. Why would Apple release software for a PC that doesn't work?

I think I take more issue with the way you present your info. You make it sound as if iTunes hardly works on a PC and obviously, that's not true.
I didn't say that, you did. Here are the shortfalls I listed: that iTunes for Windows is buggier than iTunes for Mac, and that iTunes for Windows is far from the best music software for a PC.

Of course one can post anecdotal evidence that iTunes for Windows works fine for them. But I'm telling the OP that she is statistically less likely to incur problems with iPod integration if she chooses a Mac. What's the quibble?

Switch.
I got a MacBook Pro and would never go back to PC's again.
Even now, I have a little trouble with two button mouses because I'm so used to the one click! Macs are aesthetically pleasing and have great performance to back that up. In addition, they are SO easy to use!

What's the quibble?

My quibble...you yourself are using anecdotal evidence.

I'd like to see your stats.

Aside from that, you said "iTunes for Windows is buggy, annoying. iPod integration with a Mac is much better.", not "iTunes is sometimes buggy and annoying". You made an absolute statement that the software for windows will be buggy and annoying no matter the PC it's on. Again, this is not true.

Whatever...it's just a computer. I'm done.

You made an absolute statement that the software for windows will be buggy and annoying no matter the PC it's on.
No, again, I didn't say that it will be buggy "on any PC or no matter what PC it's on. Sorry I didn't make my point explicit, but iTunes for Windows is often buggy and annoying. I posted anecdotal evidence, and the fact that iTunes for Windows is less stable than its Mac counterpart in general. I think it's misleading to act as if anectdotal evidence is an absolute, which was what my point in my last post was. More problems were reported on Windows computers with iTunes 7 than Mac computers. This is general knowledge, and you yourself stated that "of course it will work slightly better." iLounge has a sticky thread with known problems with iTunes for Windows. Read them.