I Need My tPF Support Group

1. I’m sorry for this being so long, but while some of you guys know about my back surgery in November, I thought I should give the condensed version since I’m asking a favor.

On November 3, I was fine. November 4, I couldn’t get out of bed from severe spasms down my right leg. I was in the emergency room the next day, and saw a neurosurgeon on the 16th after having an MRI. I had a herniated disk that was slammed into the sciatic nerve and this was the source of my leg pain. I had surgery on November 22. It was supposed to have been routine and I should have been fine within 6 weeks, or so I was told. Mid-February the pain down my leg got worse. Had another MRI. And was told by this doctor that I had severe swelling in the nerve in my spine. I trusted him, took the drugs they gave me and was sort of OK again. Then the spasms started again last month. I had my fill of this doctor and contacted one of the MDs I used to work with. She referred me to a colleague of hers and I saw him last week. Turns out there was no swelling as I was told, but scar tissue had grown around the “nerve root” where the surgery had been done and THIS was the source of my pain. Basically I was back at ground zero……and had been lied to as well.

The new MD is going to do an epidural injection on Thursday morning, the intent is to hopefully begin to dissolve the scar tissue. If it doesn’t work the first time, I go back on the 31st for a second injection, but this one is more involved. If THAT doesn’t work, then I’m really screwed because I either have to live with this or risk another surgery to remove the scar tissue (which can of course, cause MORE scar tissue).

I’m more afraid of this injection than I was of the surgery. Not because of the injection itself, but because it may not work. I’ve been in horrible pain for over six months now. I want my life back. I need my life back.

I don’t know what the protocol is about asking for prayers for yourself and it almost strikes me as selfish to ask people to pray for you, but I need to be selfish. Please keep me in your prayers this Thursday. I desperately need this to work. I’m running out of strength and I’m at the end of my rope.

Thanks all. I need a tissue now...... :sad:

2. You have my thoughts and prayers!

I am so sorry your are going through this. I hope all goes well and you can get back to normal!

3. awww, you've had a tough go at it!
    {{{hugs}}}
    of course you're in our thoughts:yes:
    I hope you are on the real road to recovery soon!

4. Oh my gosh... that sounds like a complete nightmare. You must be in soo much pain. My thoughts are with you--I hope a solution is as simple as a few shots!

5. I am so sorry to hear of your pain and suffering. You are going through a real miserable time right now, **hugs**.

My thoughts and prayers are with you so you can get your life back on track.

6. You've been having such a tough time, you deserve all the positive thoughts that we can summon up for you. So from thousands of miles away, I'll send to you good thoughts and well-wishes!

7. I will deff keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
    ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

8. I'll pray for you!!! I hope that this works out for you soon and you will be able to get on with your life. I'll be thinking about you on Thursday, please let us know how everything goes.

9. Sorry of your distress :sad:

Hope you feel better soon!

10. I'm sorry you are still going through all of this. :sad: I really hope these shots work for you, and of course you'll be in my prayers!
    xo

11. you will most definately be in my thoughts and prayers on thursday.

it makes me so sad that someone so incredible is going through so much pain. :sad:

12. Elaine, you know I'm praying that this works for you. Life sucks sometimes--you DO deserve to get your life back and live relatively pain-free. You are one of the most un-selfish people I know.

I'm glad you felt able to tell us and ask for support. We're here, whatever we can do.:flowers:

13. I'm sorry you are going through all of this my best wishes & thoughts are with you!!

14. Sending you lots of thoughts and prayers- sometimes you just need another go at it. {{{HUGS}}}

15. I really hope this works for you! I hope it all goes well later this week, no one deserves to live with that kind of pain.