I need hugs, ladies...

yeah, chinese parents tend to talk about traditions and their chinese friends alot. but then again, most of their friends ARE probably just chinese lol. you should give your DH a whoopin for being insesitive. i always make a point to tell my SO when he's not being supportive and nice then i tell him he better shape up or i'll blow up. hopefully, your in laws are leaving soon then you can have peace and quiet. if not, either avoid them as much as possible or finally confront your MIL. chinese people can be very very stubborn but i feel like you have to get in their face and get it over with :heart:

Oh MAGS dear, i wish i could hug you
bigarmhug.gif
and go over and provide you with amusement (ie ME)
drunk.gif

Yeah i can understand how u'd be so sick of it.... Can you just walk out of the room and go into your own room when they start going on about the friends and traditions... or maybe ask them, OH is it also a chinese tradition not to acknowledge your DIL?

the only irony is that by being sick of their traditions, it makes it harder for you coss you could get accused of " see? she's not even interested in learning about her husband;s family friends and traditions!!!! " YOu can't please everyone and i'm not suggesting you do, but i'm just pointing it out.

What is DH doing or not doing??? he sounded like he was being supportive the last time but not so now. I don't think you should nag him around the clock about it cos it'll only push him away but i do think you need to let him know you're going to blow up and that he needs to realize that this situation is making you very stressed and unhappy and he needs to do/not do XYZ....

Keep posting, hopefull it'll help u with the stress or PM me okay ?

:heart:
flower.gif

Thank you... Things couldn't get any crappier(is that a word?). I'm miserable. I hate it when they talk about their Chinese "friends" or their Chinese traditions. It's all BS to me. No offense to anyone who's Chinese... It's not that I'm a racist. I'm just so sick of it all. And DH is like a freakin' rock. He's the most insesitive pr*ck! I swear I'm going to blow up any minute now.