Men’s messenger bag

I’m a man and have been a Mulberry customer for years. I currently own several bags including the Mulberry x Paul Smith Antony which I am still yet to use! I have some gift vouchers and am looking for a new messenger bag but I’m worried about them looking feminine. I tried the new Chiltern large messenger but it’s too big for me. The smaller version has strange side flaps on the strap which I don’t like. I like the new dark blue Antony but think the leather strap possibly makes it look like a handbag, plus most of my clothes are blue! Any advice would be appreciated as I’m driving my partner mad and he was the one who bought me the vouchers! Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you. I did try that bag in Oxblood but wasn’t too keen! It may have been the shiny gold hardware though! I do like the webbed straps. Maybe I’m too fussy but a lot of the men’s bags look feminine to me! I used to have a slim Brynmore in oak and loved that bag. It was the perfect size.

Last edited:
Did you look at the Skye? It’s canvas, not leather. Or the black eco scotchgrain/leather Anthony with black hardware? It does have the leather strap though.

I have seen men wearing Mulberry, Hermes and LV crossbody bags and I have to say, I genuinely prefer the Mulberry’s (just a personal opinion!)

Last edited:
Reactions: angeldelight100
Did you look at the Skye? It’s canvas, not leather. Or the black eco scotchgrain/leather Anthony with black hardware? It does have the leather strap though.

I have seen men wearing Mulberry, Hermes and LV crossbody bags and I have to say, I genuinely prefer the Mulberry’s (just a personal opinion!)
Thank you. I have seen it, but it’s not really me. I do like the look of the black eco scotchgrain Antony though. I don’t mind the leather strap on that one as it’s black.

I hardly ever see men with Mulberry messenger bags on, but have been wearing them myself for years!

Reactions: tlj81
I would really have liked the Small Chiltern Crossbody Messenger as the leather is lovely and it reminds me of the bags they made years ago. I don’t like those weird side flaps though where the strap is attached! Such an odd design. The larger one is gorgeous but when I tried it at home it was a bit too big sadly.

I would really have liked the Small Chiltern Crossbody Messenger as the leather is lovely and it reminds me of the bags they made years ago. I don’t like those weird side flaps though where the strap is attached! Such an odd design. The larger one is gorgeous but when I tried it at home it was a bit too big sadly.
I really love the larger chiltern, but know it’ll be too big for my frame.

Hi! Perhaps you might use your lovely Paul Smith bag....is that the one you had to keep reordering as the others were faulty?
I've got bags I've bought and either not used or only carried once so I'm now trying to rotate them all before selling them on or buying more!
If there's one you really love then buy it again....I've done that twice in the past!
Happy weekend.

Hi! Perhaps you might use your lovely Paul Smith bag....is that the one you had to keep reordering as the others were faulty?
I've got bags I've bought and either not used or only carried once so I'm now trying to rotate them all before selling them on or buying more!
If there's one you really love then buy it again....I've done that twice in the past!
Happy weekend.
Hi, yes it is that one! I should start using it really. I’ve done that before - buy them, not use them and then sell them on! I do change my mind a lot! That’s a good idea to buy two! Have a great long weekend too.

Reactions: gichca21