I need help on scarf purchase

pursegalsf

Handbag Connoisseur
O.G.
Dec 5, 2005
I'm an Hermes newbie and I'm going to purchase my first Hermes scarf :nuts: What is the difference between the regular scarf, twilly silk ribbons and pocket squares? So confused.

I will be using the scarf to tie onto my hanbags. Which size do you think is best? Thanks ladies !

Hey girls! The twilly is a long, skinny scarf that's described as a "silk ribbon." It was designed originally to be used as a decoration on handbags, but it looks great as hairband, wristband, etc. Carrie wore a lot of them in Sex and the City.

For sizes, check out www.hermes.com They also have their designs and prices online.

The regular size scarf is quite big and you can use it as a belt, bandana, etc. The pocket size is a small 40cm x 40 cm. You can also use it for a bag and wrap once in your neck.

My personal favorite is the plisse. It is pleated, very light, and you can use it the same way as the normal scarf without being too big.

In the thread "Hermes scarves" I put a picture of my normal scarf, plisse and pochete. You can see the different sizes.

Wow, so exciting! I can't wait to see what you get! :smile:

Hopefully I'll have a scarf this weekend, too...^_________^ Thank you for the information, everybody...and thanks pursegalsf for asking!

I am hopefully going to the SF store on Saturday to get another pocket square scarf. :smile: I have one and it is great for using as a headband, tying around a ponytail, or you could tie it on a bag or around your neck. I would love to get one of the 36x36 scarves someday. :love: