I need help and any legal eagles who can give me their input!

lucretias

I am the one that I want!
O.G.
Jan 4, 2006
Hi guys,

I am having some problems and need some help.

I rented a storage unit this past week. Signed the lease and paid the month's rent via credit card. When I talked with the leasing agent on the phone, I told her I would plan to move into the property this Sunday. I was told this was no problem. There would be a twist tie turn on the door that could be turned off upon my move in. I did this business transaction over the phone and via fax as I was out of state. When I faxed the leasing agreement to the agent, I again let her know I would be moving in this Sunday when the office is closed. Well, Sunday came and there was a LOCK on the storage door. I ended up having to pay the moving company $200 extra dollars in order to have them hold my stuff overnight until I could get in this morning. I was out of town so I had a friend move in the stuff for me and talk with the leasing agent. She now says I was supposed to call her and let her know. BUT I DID both verbally and via fax. What legal recourse do I have to get the $200 I am out from the moving people? Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks so much!
lucretias

Yes, I'm just wondering about trying to do it from another state. In the end, I know it's not a huge sum, I've dropped more than that for a purse, but still! I could be on my way to a purse. Lost money!